January 2012 Moms
Options

? about total weight gain

I'm probably overthinking this. 

My doctor told me I should gain about 20 lbs during this pregnancy, but I lost 20 pounds in the first tri. Does that mean that, ideally, at the end of the pregnancy I should be my start weight (up 20 pounds from my lowest weight this PG) or that I should make up the first tri loss plus 20 (which would be up 40 pounds from my lowest weight this PG?) 

I wasn't underweight to start with. A bit overweight, actually.

I'll ask my OB at my next appt. Just didn't know if anyone had already asked this question. 

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for you keep. Hold on to your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through. No matter how your heart is bleeding if you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true. - Cinderella

Re: ? about total weight gain

• Options
    I would assume he meant you be up 20lbs. from your pre-pregnancy weight, but I would imagine that if you didn't get up to that it wouldn't be a big deal.

My little goofball born 1/2012
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagecschissell:
    I would assume he meant you be up 20lbs. from your pre-pregnancy weight, but I would imagine that if you didn't get up to that it wouldn't be a big deal.

Yep. 20 lbs up from your original, pre pregnancy weight. 

the LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalms 34:18
    My Blog || BFP Chart
    11/27/10-BFP, EDD 8/9/11 || 1/4-7/10- missed m/c 9wks
    4/25/11- BFP , EDD 1/5/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you! That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for you keep. Hold on to your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through. No matter how your heart is bleeding if you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true. - Cinderella
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"