Single Parents
Options

Mediation Outcome

Well, it went almost  exactly how I imagined it to go. Our Mediator quickly figured out what type of guy EX was. She kept calling him "whats his face" and "piece of sh!t" lol 

So, he was ordered to pay back 1/2 of medical expenses, and about 6 months worth of daycare for the months he wasn't contributing anything. He has to pay that back at $100 a month.  CS was lowered (more than half what he is paying now) until he gets a new job. The second he gets a job, we will use his new salary instead of the unemployment. 

For visitation,  I got him to agree to a temporary gradual schedule. For the months of OCT-DEC he gets DS Sat and Sun EOW 9-6. If he comes EOW for 3 months, then he gets an overnight. He'll get DS EOW Saturday morning 9am-Sunday night 6pm. If he is doing well, in March he will get DS EOW Friday night to Sunday at 6. All of the visits will be in Georgia until DS is at least 3. If he is not consistent with the visits from OCT-DEC then he doesn't get overnights in January. So he HAS to come EOW if he wants overnights in January. We will see how he does. We didn't agree on changing the last name (obviously), so I guess when we go for a final we will battle it out. 

I am really pleased with our schedule and I hope that EX can step up and take responsibility. He tried to get me to pay for some travel costs but the mediatior yelled at him and said "you just got a $*** month reduction in child support and you want HER to pay for YOUR visitation?" lol

Thank you for your great thoughts and prayers! They worked :)  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mediation Outcome

• Options
    Sounds like things worked out well for you.  Great start to the weekend!
    imageimage. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The mediator sounds really unprofessional!  Aren't they supposed to be neutral?

Anyways, I am glad that you guys were able to work out something that you're comfortable with.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageachase123:

The mediator sounds really unprofessional!  Aren't they supposed to be neutral?

Anyways, I am glad that you guys were able to work out something that you're comfortable with.

Exactly this! I'm really side-eyeing her. 

I'm also glad you worked something out.

• Options

She was at first, but I think it was when Ex started to tell her how to do her job she became un-neutral. His lawyer even had to pull him outside to get his sh!t together. 

We stick to this arrangement unless we don't agree on something after March. So far holidays haven't even been discussed.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"