Trouble TTC
Options

trigger tonight...follies too small?

I went in to have a follie check today and there were three measuring about 14 mm. After the bloodwork results came in, my RE called me today and said to trigger tonight after 6pm and IUI sunday morning.  I thought follies had to be at least 18 mm? He said everything looks good now and he feels I will ovulate a mature egg. I'm just so nervous this won't work
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: trigger tonight...follies too small?

• Options
    Hmmm...I never get triggered until I have a 20mm, but I think other ladies on here have triggered at smaller sizes.  I think the general rule is they grow about 2mm a day, so maybe your follie will be a little bigger by the time you have your IUI.  I'm sure if your bw wasn't looking right (estrogen too low), your RE wouldn't have triggered you.  GL!!
    After 5 TI Clomid cycles, 5 IUIs, and 2 IVFs we finally got our BFP!
    Beta#1 (12dp3dt)= 353, Beta#2 (15dp3dt)= 1466, Beta#3 (22dp3dt)= 14,139, First u/s: TWINS!!
    After 10 weeks of bedrest, our two little ladies joined us at 28w6d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I've heard the rule that anything over 15 has the ability to ovulate with a trigger...And if your b/w shows the right level he must believe it's already mature.  But it does sound awful early.  I was told for my second IUI that I had an 19, 16, and a 13.  So I triggered and they said the 19 was gaurentee since it'd be around 22-23 at thirty-six hours after trigger.  The 16 was very possible (since it'd be 19-20) and the 13 was unlikely but still possible (as it'd be 16-17). 

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagechels38026:
    Hmmm...I never get triggered until I have a 20mm, but I think other ladies on here have triggered at smaller sizes.  I think the general rule is they grow about 2mm a day, so maybe your follie will be a little bigger by the time you have your IUI.  I'm sure if your bw wasn't looking right (estrogen too low), your RE wouldn't have triggered you.  GL!!

Ditto this, miine is currently 17mm and my RE wants to do one more follie measurement prior to triggering for IUI tomorrow. Your uterine lining might be at the minimum also (min 6mm).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"