Infertility
Options

E2 level and number of follies?

Wasn't someone here talking about the E2 level somehow indicating the number of mature follies? My latest E2 was 2,556. He said I had at least 6 mature follies. I'm hoping maybe there are a few more in there. Any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: E2 level and number of follies?

• Options

I think the rule of thumb is around 200 E2 per mature follie, but immature follies contribute to E2 as well, so if you have a ton of immature ones, they can drive up the E2.  

With how high yours is compared to the number of mature follies he's seen, I think it's possible you have more hiding!  

TTC since November 2009
    Mild MFI, irregular cycles, HSG only showed left tube open
    IUIs #1-3: Femara -- BFN
    IUI #4: Follistim + HCG boosters -- BFN
    Sept./Oct. 2011 IVF#1: Long Lupron, 3dt of 2 -- BFN + 1 frostie
    Surprise BFP 11.21.2011: missed m/c at 9w2d, D&C 12.27.2011
    The Blog
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking/hoping for! Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebabina868:

I think the rule of thumb is around 200 E2 per mature follie, but immature follies contribute to E2 as well, so if you have a ton of immature ones, they can drive up the E2.  

With how high yours is compared to the number of mature follies he's seen, I think it's possible you have more hiding!  

This is what I've always thought. When I overresponded on an injectable IUI cycle, the RE told me I had 5-6 mature follicles, based on my ultrasounds and blood work levels. At that time, my e2 was over 1100. I know IVF is a whole new ballgame, but I would think the e2 levels would be similar. I bet you've got lots hiding in there. Good luck!!

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"