Blended Families
Options

New + ?

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for me but it seems the closest. I recently got custody of my nephew (20mos) and my sister and the father only have visitation rights. I don't have any children of my own yet so I've been thrown into this unarmed so to speak...

For my question, He just started hitting and biting kids in daycare. How do I get him to stop if he never has this behavior at home??

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New + ?

• Options
    I would also repost this on the Toddler board to see what they have to say. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi and welcome. We have had a few posters in the past that had been given custody of family members, but none currently. However, I feel that is a kind of blended family, so you're more than welcome to stick around.

I have a 21 month old and I can say that hitting and biting are par for the course. I'm assuming they are addressing it at daycare but if he does it to you or your DH at home, just sternly tell him "No. We don't bite/hit." With my DD if she hits (she's more of a hitter, lol), I will typically do that and if she continues the behavior I will walk away or if she's hitting me with something, I'll take that object away from her.

Just remember it is a phase and they will eventually grow out of it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I worked at a daycare center and my best advice would be be consistent.  I am sure that the daycare has a way that they are dealing with it.  I would talk to the teacher and ask what that is and try to follow it at home.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies. He had a better day on Friday, I hope he keeps it up!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"