Austin Babies
Options

Disappointing MD appointment today...

I just finished my first round of Clomid on Wed and went in today for my ultra sound and MD appointment to check my follicles.  She came in and said, "well, there's a small chance you may have already ovulated. You shouldn't have since you're only on day 11 but the sonographer felt like there was fluid around your follicle. Come back Monday and we'll do another and see if anything develops".  I was hoping to go in there and her be like "yep!  looks good!  have lots of sex!"  Anyone have experience about this?  I hate googling and freaking myself out over scary things like "luteinised unruptured follicle" and what not.  I'm not exactly sure what she wants to "see might be going on".   I wish I had asked more questions just because I'm definitely one of those - I want to know what is going on with my body damn it - type of people.  Any feedback?

Re: Disappointing MD appointment today...

• Options
    no help, but sending hugs and good thoughts for next month :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh man!  That has happened to me and while I know how frustrating and disapointing it is, it is totally normal.  One thing that is hard to remember when going through any type of fertility treatment is that no one, not even the very very most firtile woman, has a totally perfect cycle every single month.  So, even with meds/treatments, it is totally normal to have a cycle not turn out ideal.  Don't let it stress you out though.  This cycle has absolutley no baring on next cycle at all.  The chances of you have a perfect cycle next cycle are huge so don't get discouraged.  It really sucks that this happened your first cycle becuase so much of this is a mental game.  I'm so sorry.  Sending hugs your way and t&p that next cycle is perfect!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry:( hopefully, since the dr. didn't seem to be concerned, it won't be an issue. And maybe next time they'll have you come in earlier for monitoring.
  • Options

what a bummer.  Have you thought about using a monitor?  I'm on meds and it still works just fine for me.  It could have maybe told you (if you did already O) ahead of time and you might have been able to catch it.  Just something to think about.

Hope next cycle is spot on!

• Options
    Hugs Tiffany.  No advice but I see drinks in out future...
  • Options

Be sure to write down all those questions while they are fresh in your head so that you'll have them on Monday!

Good luck and I hope you get some good cycle news soon.

• Options

:( Sorry the appointment wasn't what you had hoped.  I hate hearing/knowing that I'm out for a cycle due to timing.  Seems like such a waste and is so frustrating.

Hugs that Monday's appointment goes better and the next cycle is even better.

Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Options
    imagebrideonjuly8:

what a bummer.  Have you thought about using a monitor?  I'm on meds and it still works just fine for me.  It could have maybe told you (if you did already O) ahead of time and you might have been able to catch it.  Just something to think about.

Ditto this.  Clomid always screwed up my temps, but OPKs continued to be accurate for me.  Hopefully you will see a nice growing follie at your next u/s!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any words of wisdom since I never did the u/s.  Just wanted to say good luck.
  • Options
    I have no advice, but I wish you luck. Hopefully Monday will bring some good news!
    We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.
    My Bio (wedding pics added 7/6)
    My 101
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLeigha12:
    I have no advice, but I wish you luck. Hopefully Monday will bring some good news!

ditto!!

Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • Options
    Ovulating early is not a bad thing, is it? I mean, if you've had sex in the last few days, you might be on your way to pregnancy, no? I have lots of extra ovulation tests left over from my Clomid cycles if you'd like them. I wound up ovulating "late" according to the doctor, but even "late" got me pregnant eventually! Don't worry, it sounds like the drug is working and you are on your way.  That being said, every month feels like eternity, doesn't it?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"