Baby Showers
Options

Choclolate Covered Oreos

My mom made chocolate covered oreo's for my baby shower next weekend.  What we were wondering is about any suggestions as to how to package these properly.  She purchased little bags to place them in, however we are concerned about the chocolate melting and sticking to the bags, causing her beautiful work to become a wreck!

Has anyone ever personally made these or any kinds of chocolates for holidays or anything and would be willing to share their packaging tips.  Thank you very much!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Choclolate Covered Oreos

• Options

Mmmmm :) I've made them a bunch of times, along with chocolate pieces and other chocolate dipped things (pretzels, for example).  I've used plastic candy bags to package them but I'd wait until the night before and keep them cool (fridge if possible until it's time to put them out for guests).

I've also used small candy boxes because they let some air flow around the chocolate.  Just put a square of wax paper on the bottom of each box to keep it from sticking. 

• Options
    I have made these..double stuffed, dipped in chocolate and then drizzled with white.  I put them in candy boxes.  I doubt they will melt unless a really hot house..so either candy boxes you get online or clear cellophane bags with a cute bow!
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I made these for my wedding favors.  We bought the small, clear favor bags at Michael's craft store, then stored them in my sister's basement to keep them cool.

Before we put them in the bags we just kept them frozen for the few days before we actually stuffed the favor bags.

My wedding was in late July but they were inside the reception hall, and we didn't have any problems with them melting (that I know of!) 

If you have enough freezer space I would just keep them frozen until the morning of the shower, if not I'd keep them in the fridge until a few hours prior. 
  • Options

I have a side business making candies...I would definitely keep them cool, but let them get to room temp before bagging, and don't freeze, because sometimes the condensation can make for a sticky mess inside the baggies!  :)

GL!!

**~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've made those before as well as cake pops and I always refrigerate and then wait until they are room temp and before putting them in a cellophane bag that I tie with a ribbon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"