March 2012 Moms

accidentally came across my emergency tampons at work

And remembered how much I LOVE not having my period! :) It's funny how fast you lose track of stuff like that.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: accidentally came across my emergency tampons at work

• Whenever I'm grocery shopping and go by that aisle I get the biggest smile everrrr :D

First time in 12 years. Such a relief. 

• Not having my period is one of the greatest things of pregnancy so far.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hilarious!  The same thing happened to me today!  I just got a paper cut on my index finger and was looking in my desk drawer for a band aid, and instead found the stash of tampons hidden in the back!  Don't miss those :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OMG!  Yes.  Not having my period is worth any sickness or "discomfort" I feel, as I'm pretty sure only labor can top my period pain.  I LOVE not having to take prescription pain killers every month or so!  But that expense has been replaced by the prenatals!  lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's awesome!  I love not having my period, but mother nature, gets back at you.  After LO is here, you'll probably bleed for 4-6 weeks.  At least that's how long it was for me after DS.  It was a PITA.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshanad:
    It's awesome!  I love not having my period, but mother nature, gets back at you.  After LO is here, you'll probably bleed for 4-6 weeks.  At least that's how long it was for me after DS.  It was a PITA.

My real question is how bad the 4-6 weeks are, though...  Do you cramp like normal?  If so.....  good thing no one will expect anything from me for at least that long, as I will be knocked out from painkillers and my last OBGYN told me not to go anywhere on my period because they get that bad...  Should I start prepping DH for doing everything himself for that amount of time?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagespeckledfrog:
    Not having my period is one of the greatest things of pregnancy so far.

AGREED.  But natch, I bought a giant box of tampons right before I got my positive HPT.  I know I will eventually need them so they went in the back of the bathroom closet.  I've used the last couple in my purse to remove nail polish.  The plastic applicator is handy that way.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLanatir:

imageshanad:
    It's awesome!  I love not having my period, but mother nature, gets back at you.  After LO is here, you'll probably bleed for 4-6 weeks.  At least that's how long it was for me after DS.  It was a PITA.

My real question is how bad the 4-6 weeks are, though...  Do you cramp like normal?  If so.....  good thing no one will expect anything from me for at least that long, as I will be knocked out from painkillers and my last OBGYN told me not to go anywhere on my period because they get that bad...  Should I start prepping DH for doing everything himself for that amount of time?

I bled heavily for two weeks and lightly (used a pantyliner) for 4. Cramps were bad the first few days when your uterus is shrinking but i dont remember it being too bad. but then i breast fed dd and didn' have a period for another 7 months. That was nice too! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not having your period is THE greatest thing about pregnancy. But I've felt like I've been PMS-ing for 14 weeks straight with all of this bloating and mood swings. Not so fun.
  • Agree that not having a period is a fantastic part of pregnancy, although I have to say that I haven't noticed it or appreciated it as much as I thought I would.

I remember back in high school having exceptionally painful periods and thinking 'one day I'm going to have lots and lots of children so I can not have my period for months on end. Funny how the rest of the pregnancy stuff, not to mention the downside of having "lots and lots of children" didn't cross my mind at the time!

• imagebookers1:
    imageLanatir:

imageshanad:

I bled heavily for two weeks and lightly (used a pantyliner) for 4. Cramps were bad the first few days when your uterus is shrinking but i dont remember it being too bad. but then i breast fed dd and didn' have a period for another 7 months. That was nice too! 

Mine with DD2 wasn't that bad at all!! I bled heavily for about a week and then really light for about 2 weeks. 

DD1 was heavy for 3 weeks and then 3 more weeks of bleeding. I tore bad with her and that didn't help the discomfort. 

I nursed both girls for about 9 months and got my period back at around 6 months.   I LOVE not having AF visit!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"