Food Allergy
Options

Milk allergy - Alimentum vs Neocate/Elecare

Anyone who was suspecting a milk allergy have success switching from Alimentum to Neocate/Elecare? I think this is the next step for us and am wondering if it worked for anyone else...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Milk allergy - Alimentum vs Neocate/Elecare

• Options
    My DD was on Elecare and it was a miracle worker. Such a happier, healthier child once we made the switch. Unfortunately, it is expensive and we had to order it online which stressed me out. I was always so afraid I was going to run out of formula before my next shipment arrived.
    imageimage
  • Options

imageLSU628:
    My DD was on Elecare and it was a miracle worker. Such a happier, healthier child once we made the switch. Unfortunately, it is expensive and we had to order it online which stressed me out. I was always so afraid I was going to run out of formula before my next shipment arrived.

We are fortunate to have a friend who works for Abbott and can buy it at a significant discount...but still expensive! Did your DD have any problems with the taste? I have read that some kids refuse it. Thanks for the post, it gives me hope that it will work for us!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We didn't start Ellecare until J was about 15 months old so we went straight to the toddler formula.  Try searching craigslist/ebay for some.  When we were finished with it I put our unopened cans up on CL so that i wouldn't have to toss them.  Also ask your GI and allergist about samples. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD took Elecare no problem whereas she refused the Alimentum.
    imageimage
  • Options
    DS drinks Neocate Jr.  When he is feeling well, he takes it orally no problem, when he isn't we use his feeding tube though.  It does smell horribly though and is expensive/hard to get.  His monthly supply costs $560. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My LO is on Neocate and is doing great on it. He had really bad eczema and acid reflux. Now he has none. He's doing awesome!!! It smells & tastes gross but he likes it so, that's what matters.

Neocate will also help to try to get it covered by your insurance company. It helped me get it covered 100%. If you do an automatic order through Neocate, they will give you a 5% discount. Also talk to your allergist. Mine gave me a ton of samples & in there is coupons for more samples.

Good luck!!!

• Options
    It worked for DS1. He could not tolerate Alimentum but he did fine on Neocate.
  • Options

DS went from Nutramigen/BM to Elecare.  Insurance covered it, and it only costs us 10 bucks a month. He became a different baby.No more painful gas. No more bloody stools. Less fussiness. 

We are now trying to test out dairy products per our Pedi GI's recommendation. I'm nervous as all get out. I know how awesome he has done on Elecare since about 3 months!

Good luck.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"