Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

how often does your FF newborn eat?

My DS is just over a week old and seems to want to eat every 1 1/2 and usually about 1 1/2 ozs of formula, it seems like he is never satisfied, but then again i cant tell if he is rooting and hungry or just wanting to "suck". i just dont remember DS #1 eating this often. TIA ladies :)
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers M/C #1 Jun 2006 8 weeks M/C #2 Apr 2010 7 weeks

Re: how often does your FF newborn eat?

• Options
    Every 1-1.5 hours.  And he's 6 weeks old now.  I can't get him to go longer stretches, only in the night.
  • Options
    We're at 3 oz every 2-4 hours (averaging every 3 hrs though). Have you tried giving him slightly more than the 1 1/2 oz?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine are a little older than yours, but even early on, they were eating about every three hours.  Sometimes it goes down to 2.5 and often (like now, when they're napping) it will go a bit longer.  But three hours is the average for us.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

holy cow, that sucks for you! no offense, but every hour or so is SO time consuming. how do you do anything else throughout the day? my DD takes 3.5-5 ounces every 3-4 hours. although, it's only been 2.5 hours and she's ready for another bottle. i hold her out for 3 hours because otherwise she'll play suck and look around. if i hold her out for 3 hours, then i know she's hungry and won't play around. she'll eat. i don't hold her out at night though. i just want to go back to bed, so if it's only been 2 hours and she wants more, she gets more. my DD falls alseep or gets frustrated though, so i'm actually switching nipples at the next feeding. i'm going to give a medium flow nipple a try and hope it doesn't make her gag/choke. we'll see!

my advise, hold LO out for 2 hours. it's a lot of crying and whatnot, but then you know he'll be hungry and maybe he'll take more and last a little longer for the next time. get a pacifier to sooth him in the meantime.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageLadyVi33:
    We're at 3 oz every 2-4 hours (averaging every 3 hrs though). Have you tried giving him slightly more than the 1 1/2 oz?

This. Maybe try giving your LO a paci and see if he just wants to "suck" or if he's hungry. When I'm not sure if my LO is hungry or not, I try the paci, and she will start to suck, then spit it out and cry once she realizes there's nothing in it. But I'd definitely try giving him maybe a little more than 1.5oz. Even another 1/2 oz.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"