Success after IF
Options

2+ year old not eating ANYTHING

DS1 has always been somewhat of a picky eater but the past week or so everything is "I don't like it, I don't want to eat it."  Ugh!  I don't want him to turn into my cousin's daughter who will only eat waffles and Mcdonald's french fries.  Please tell me this is just a phase!!!

Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!

Re: 2+ year old not eating ANYTHING

• Options
    Is he getting sick?  Miles will start refusing food if he's getting sick or if he's teething or his ears are hurting him.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Carly is the same way right now.  Food just sits in front of her and she says she's done without eating.  I just save it for later when she announces, I wanna eat!  

I don't make her anything else and I don't give her what I know she will eat because it's junk.  She eventually eats the banana when she's hungry enough. 

Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome to two ! lol.

"Worry not what they eat in a day, just worry what they eat in a WEEK."  (or a month, lol)

I'm kinda a hard-arse when it comes to eating  - I'm not a short order cook, you eat what I serve or you're hungry. (but I'll eventually cave with a nana or maybe a gram cracker) but I refuse to be a mom that says "All she'll eat is hot dogs!!" and overlook the simple fact I can JUST NOT BUY HOTDOGS. lol.

But yeh, pretty much for your future for a while.  Unless your child has other medical/health issues, they'll likely eat when they feel the hunger.  

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options

I've tried the mean mommy approach.  But then Nicholas will open up the fridge on his own and pull out the black beans or ask for a banana that he sees sitting on the counter or gets a yogurt.  I want to say "No, you didn't eat your dinner, so no black beans for you".   I don't want him to think "Well I wasn't quite so hungry for dinner that mom made, so I'll just have something else".   I am really trying to get him to understand that. 

Yet on the other hand, it's not like he is pulling an ice cream pop out of the fridge. Beans and yogurt and banana's are healthy.

Last night I put what we were eating on his plate.  I think he took 2 bites of the meat and then nothing.  So I took it away and that was it.  An hour later he's in the fridge pulling out the beans.  DH put some on a dish for him and he ate them.   I thought about saying "Um no you didn't eat your dinner that was served so you get nothing".   But then he would have pitched a hairy canary and I just wasn't in the mood.  

So do you (anyone who is reading this) think I should have said "No beans?".

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLIAngel:

I've tried the mean mommy approach.  But then Nicholas will open up the fridge on his own and pull out the black beans or ask for a banana that he sees sitting on the counter or gets a yogurt.  I want to say "No, you didn't eat your dinner, so no black beans for you".   I don't want him to think "Well I wasn't quite so hungry for dinner that mom made, so I'll just have something else".   I am really trying to get him to understand that. 

Yet on the other hand, it's not like he is pulling an ice cream pop out of the fridge. Beans and yogurt and banana's are healthy.

Last night I put what we were eating on his plate.  I think he took 2 bites of the meat and then nothing.  So I took it away and that was it.  An hour later he's in the fridge pulling out the beans.  DH put some on a dish for him and he ate them.   I thought about saying "Um no you didn't eat your dinner that was served so you get nothing".   But then he would have pitched a hairy canary and I just wasn't in the mood.  

So do you (anyone who is reading this) think I should have said "No beans?".

we haven't entered the picky stage yet, but i can see the early stages starting.  I think i'm going to be like you...while I won't make him anything new, I think i'll be ok with him eating something healthy that I don't have to make..in fact, on the rare occasion now that he won't eat what I make, I offer him a gogurt afterwards or a piece of string cheese...or warm up some shelled edamame. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"