Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Those with babies over 1, do you still use diaper bag?

So, I am definitely glad I had one at first, but now I often find myself throwing a big ziploc with a few diapers, wipes and changing pad in my purse or car.  And a bag of snacks and insulated cup of milk.  I always have toys in the car for long rides, so I can just grab one or two to bring in restaurant if needed.  More and more I am leaving diaper bag in car or at home, and throwing that ziploc in my big purse or in pocket on stroller.  Just wondering if I am alone...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those with babies over 1, do you still use diaper bag?

• Options

DD is 13 months old, and we still use the diaper bag.  We love our diaper dude.

BUT...we've discussed just grabbing the JJB MiniBe to make our lives easier.  My DD can eat food out (but we prefer to still bring her food), she goes to the bathroom on a fairly predictable schedule and can drink milk out of a straw from a restaurant.  So I guess it isn't totally necessary, but we still use it.

• Options
    I don't purse, we have a messenger bag.  That works great, hold a lot, nice sturdy strap, and we cloth diaper so it fits them nicely.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope.  I always have a diaper, wipes, outfit, sippy, and snack in the car at all times.  When we go on short trips I don't bring anything with me but my purse because I can always go back to the car if I need anything.  But for longer trips I'll just throw the stuff in my purse.  It makes my purse a bit bulky but I always hated the diaper bag.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Options
    I keep one in the car, just in case. It has diapers and wipes and sippy cups in it. Usually I just put a diaper or two in my purse and go.
    a>Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I hardly even used mine when she was <1 so no, we don't really use it at all.  Now when we go places (and will be gone for a long time or late into the night) she takes her backpack with her.  We put her diapers, wipes, and pjs in there.

Before I'd just throw a diaper or two into my purse with some travel wipes.  We always had blankets in the car and one in her stroller, so we'd use that to lay her on if we didn't have our changing pad.

• Options
    I haven't used my diaper bag since DS was around 7mo old. I'm a SAHM so he doesn't need it for daycare. Once we could go out for a few hours without him needing formula or multiple diaper changes I just threw a few things in my purse which is actually a big tote bag.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"