1st Trimester

Good Face Wash?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good face wash/facial soap to use when pregnant? I currently use Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash and it's been great, but I've read you shouldn't use anything with salicylic acid while pregnant and that a milder face soap is better.  Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Photobucket

IVF #1 was a success! Harrison and Brooke born at 37 weeks. 6lbs8oz and 6lbs11oz. Loving life as a MoM.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracles

Re: Good Face Wash?

• my OB said you can use a face wash with no more than 2% salicylic acid but should not use any leave on creams/gels for acne
  • I use the Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser and I LOVE it.  Like SO much.
  • Loading the player...
  • Cetaphil.  We use the daily wash for our son too.

image   image

• I started using philosophy purity wash with my first pregnancy stayed with it.  I have sensitive skin and the bottle lasts forever.
  • I never broke out before getting pregnant except for maybe 1 or 2 pimples around the time of my period. However, my face exploded when I was about 4 weeks and I recently started using the Boscia skin care line. It's a bit more $$ but it's all natural and my skin looks so much better than it did at the beginning of the pregnancy. I am still breaking out, but not nearly as bad. I will wash with something with salicylic every so often if I have a trouble spot.
    1st BFP- March 2011. Natural MC @ 8 weeks
    2nd BFP- July 2011.  Chemical Pregnancy
    3rd BFP- Sep 2011. My beautiful son was born May 2012.
    4th BFP-August 2014- Due May 12, 2015

• I second the purity made simple by philosophy. I love it! I actually order it from QVC and get 32 oz. and it lasts about a year. It is great and extremely gentle on your face.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am also a fan of Purity made simple, but it is a little pricey.  If you're having acne issues, I'm having good luck right now with the following regimen *knock on wood*:

Cleanse with Purity or Origins Checks and Balances using Clarisonic facial brush with the deep pore brush.

Afterward, apply witch hazel to two cotton pads and apply to entire face and neck.  I've found the wtich hazel has really decreased inflammation and swelling in my zits. 

Once a week, I also use Bliss spa's "No zit sherlock" rubberizing face mask.  It helps with the zits, and is cooling and calming on my skin at least.   

Then I follow with Tarte's maracuja oil to moisturize.  Don't let the fact that it's oil scare you.  It absorbs super fast and is not oily.  Then I use Kiehl's avocado eye cream and Korres' pomegranate lip butter (my lips have been the sahara recently!)  I absolutely love the Kiehl's eye cream.  I think it does a great job.  I'm 29, and I use sunscreen religiously, but at least right now, I have no signs of wrinkles in my eye area.  HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Once touched by pain, you're not the same But time can heal your heart again So let the clouds that bring you down Just fade away...
  • Where can i find that Purity by Philosophy?

Sephora?

thanx!

• Thanks for the QVC rec - I just checked and it is cheaper than Sephora :)
  • Bare Minerals Deep Cleanser (at night)

Bare Minerals Purifying Facial Cleanser (in the morning)

got rid of most of my pregnancy pimples/zits within a couple of days, and kept most of it away, still a few here and there but MUCH better than it was before.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use Belli products.  The are tested safe to use during pregnancy.  THey have a cleanser made for acne.  It works for me:-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I use Neutrogena Natrals.
  • Thank you ladies for the suggestions!

Photobucket

IVF #1 was a success! Harrison and Brooke born at 37 weeks. 6lbs8oz and 6lbs11oz. Loving life as a MoM.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracles

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"