Infertility
Options

IVF

My husband and I have been TTC for over a year now and just found out from our fertility Dr. that semen count is too low to conceive on our own and too low for IUI. IVF is our only option. We cannot afford to drop 15-20 thousand dollars all at once for this. I contacted ARC and we do not qualify for financing. I am losing hope on having a baby now....Anyone else had this problem?

Re: IVF

• Options
    We got a peer-to-peer loan with Lending Club. I totally understand your frustration. We just got our negative beta, so we're actually paying off a loan for something that didn't even work! It is really frustrating, but there are other financial options. Resolve.org I think has some info on places where you can get funding. Good luck.
    ttc since 02/10 first RE visit 01/11 Clomid + TI 03/11, 04/11, 05/11 IUI 06/11, 07/11 IVF #1 - BFN :( FET - 11/11 beta 11/21/11 BFP!!! :). Beta 1 - 319, Beta 2 - 921 1st ultrasound 12/1 TWINS!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We took out a loan from our credit union.  Our IVF cycle ended in a c/p so we're paying for nothing for the next couple of years. We cannot afford another cycle. Good luck.
    TTC since September 2007 Dx - Unexplained 4 Clomid cycles all BFNs clomid/hcg/IUI#1 - #6 BFN IVF #1 cancelled due to slight OHSS IVF #2 BFP 3/24!! C/P Clinical Trials start May 2012 IUI#1 - BFN IUI#2 - BFN IUI#3 -
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We put our failed IVF cycle on a credit card at 0% for 12 months.  So like the other posters we are paying for something that didn't work.  It's a risk you take.  If it worked, it would have been totally worth it.  You just have to do what's right for you and DH.  We never thought we would be able to afford it.  But we've been making sacrafices and are trying to come up with money to do it again.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAnn679:
    We put our failed IVF cycle on a credit card at 0% for 12 months.  So like the other posters we are paying for something that didn't work.  It's a risk you take.  If it worked, it would have been totally worth it.  You just have to do what's right for you and DH.  We never thought we would be able to afford it.  But we've been making sacrafices and are trying to come up with money to do it again.  Good luck!
    this is what we did as well.. for the last two IVF cycles... it sucks to have the debt but DH and I knew the risks going into it.. good luck hun..hope you find a way to make it work financiialy.
    ***SAIF & PAIF Welcome***

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
    DH - some MFI;

1 month clomid plus timing - BFN;
    3 months clomid + IUI - BFN BFN BFN

IVF #1 Nov/Dec 2009 - BFP - c/p;
    IVF #2.1 Jan 2011 - Converted to IUI - BFN;
    IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
    IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
    Switched RE's for IVF #4 (CCRM) Oct 2011 - Surprise BFP before starting IVF #4!
  • Options
    We are going through ARC and we have MFI as well, low count & low motility. We qualified for the One cycle plus which is one fresh cycle of IVF and one frozen if needed. Are you trying to qualify for the the refund guarantee? I know they have more qualifications you need to meet. Good luck!
    *TTC Since 10/09 *Dx with MFI 05/10 *IUI#1 May 2011 BFN *Switched RE *IVF# 1 November 2011 IVF converted to IUI#2 BFN IVF# 1.2 Jan/Feb 2012 BFP * U/S 03/06/12 Twins!! * Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"