January 2012 Moms
Options

Holy Weight Gain!

For the whole first half of my pregnancy I barely gained anything. I gained rapidly for a few weeks and then stopped. I think last time I checked I was up 13lbs. I checked again this morning, probably the first time in a couple of weeks and I have gained another 5 lbs! Is it normal to gain in fits and spurts like this? I always thought it was supposed to be a slow and steady climb :S
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Holy Weight Gain!

• Options
    i think we need a new weight gain poll! seems like many people are fluctuating big time in the last couple weeks!
    my trend has been i am totally steady for about three weeks then suddenly gain another 2-5lbs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In my experience, it is normal for it to be in spurts. I don't gain a whole lot in 1st tri, then get kind of a burst, then stay pretty steady after that. My biggest spurt with DS was 7 pounds in a 4 week period. I think this time around that same time period, it was 5 or 6. That was in the first part of 2nd tri when I started feeling good again and got more of an appetite. At my last appointment almost 3 weeks ago, I was up a total of 10 (or 12, I can't remember exactly, lol) pounds from my pre-pg weight, which is pretty much right on track. I was slightly underweight prior to getting pregnant both times, so my goal for total weight gain is around 25-30ish pounds. With DS I ended up somewhere around there, and this time I'm on track for that as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I gained 2 lbs the whole entire pregnancy up until last month. When I went into my last appointment, I had gained 8lbs in a month!! Yikes.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh it sucks! I put on 2 pounds in the last few days! And to add insult to injury the last 2 jumps in weigh have been right before my dr appt LOL and now this one.. Dr appt is Tuesday! This silly baby is making mommy feel fat :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"