Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Pulling up Q...

If your LO is pulling up and cruising- how did they pull up before they started cruising? LO pulls up all the way in the crib and PnP, but so far can only get up to his knees and sometimes 1 foot on the living room furniture. I'm trying to see how much time before I need to buy a leash. (I kid, I kid)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pulling up Q...

• It wasn't even a week, get ready for some fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageVMRRN23:
    It wasn't even a week, get ready for some fun.

Woops, didn't fully read your question. DS pulled up using the crib one day, and would then just use everything he could from that day forward (me, furniture, anything). Once he started pulling himself up, it took less than a week for him to start cruising, then another week until he would let go with one hand. Now he lets go with both hands and stands for about 4 seconds before he falls on his butt.

Its just the start of your LO getting really mobile. 

• Loading the player...
  • Jay started cruising well before he started pulling up. But if he is just sitting there he will get to his knees and then use his arms to pull himself the rest of the way up.
  • My LO started with pulling up on me (for about 1.5 weeks now) and only recently has tried pulling up using anything and everything she can get her fingers on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • not to sound like an idiot, but what does cruising mean?
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • A pulled up just before he turned 7 months and it was a couple weeks before he starting cruising along the furniture and trying to climb the stairs. He's so young that even though the strength is there, the balance really isn't. He's only able to balance standing up on his own for about 5 seconds, so it'll probably be awhile.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecruelsound:
    It was a matter of a couple of days.
    This
    SQUIRREL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"