Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

1st cycle after chemical pregnancy

Last cycle I ended up with a chemical pregnancy after several positive HPTs and then a negative blood test at the doctors.  I am now 8 days into my new cycle and am still on my period (when it's usually 5 days max) I know after a chemical pregnancy that you will probably bleed longer and heavier than normal - but will this throw my whole cycle out this month? If I normally O around days 14-16 will this get pushed back because I still have my period now? Thanks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker 
  image image

Re: 1st cycle after chemical pregnancy

• Options

I'm sorry about last cycle...many girls will agree that every cycle can be different. I would suggest charting if you aren't already therefore you can see how your body is working and know when you O for sure. My cycles have varied in length since being off bcp, meaning my O date changes. GL!!

• Options

This is my first cycle after a chemical pregnancy last month, too - and I typically have 4-5 day AF.  I usually O on day 14-15 of my cycle, but I didn't O until day 17 this cycle.  So, no, it shouldn't through your whole cycle out - you may just O later than usual.  Or you may O on time - or not at all.

Do you chart?  I do, and I'm so glad I did with this chemical pregnancy - or I would have been completely confused as to when I Oed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bled a little longer than usual, but O'd immediately after I stopped bleeding and my whole cycle ended up being only 21 days (versus the usual avg 28).  We were taking that cycle off anyway to make sure my betas were back to zero so I was thrilled it was my shortest cycle ever.  I hope you O quickly and can move on from last cycle.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I just started today after chem pg - it's a LOT heavier than normal. I'm bummed that doc says to wait until I have one more cycle before trying gain. Yours didn't say to wait? I'm wondering the reasoning behind waiting...
  • Options

I am in the same boat. I started bleeding from a checmical pregnancy on Sunday and today it is not really blood, just brown "stuff".  I don't even have to wear a pad or anything.  Very odd.

My levels were down to 4 on Monday and hopefully my results from yesterday's blood work has them closer to 0.  Doctor said that we could try now if we wanted to, or we could wait.   The only risk is that the lining will not be fully ready for implantation and may result in another checmical pregnancy.

Good luck!

• Options
    As much as I hate to wait the requisite cycle before trying again I'm not sure I can handle another chemical pg. We're moving into a new house next weekend and november is a busy month so hopefully i just won't think about it.
  • Options
    I do chart and that has really been my saving grace otherwise I wouldn't know what the heck was happening! My Dr didn't say to wait a cycle.. although I've heard you should - he in fact said a lot of women don't even know they've had a chemical pregnancy, and continue TTC without knowing.. they just said like pp mentioned the womb may not be ready for implantation so soon.  I'm in 2 minds what to do..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker 
      image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"