November 2011 Moms
Options

I was just told

By one of my department managers that pregnant woman cannot have caffeine. Indifferent I asked him if he would like me to print out articles about a limited amount of caffeine is ok for pregnant woman and he was a total *** about it.
imageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: I was just told

• Options
    Next time he says something to  you about your pregnancy, threaten to sit on him.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

When I was about 20 weeks along, I was carrying a Starbucks through the office one day and saw a guy I used to work with (that I barely know) say "I hope that's decaf". I looked right at him, smiled and said "NOPE! It sure isn't!!" as cheerily as I could. Moron. I then said "I can have caffeine while pregnant" a bit sarcastically...he just fumbled and said "oh I know, but....." and didn't have anything else to say after that. Some people just don't know when to shut their mouth!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJanimal:
    Next time he says something to  you about your pregnancy, threaten to sit on him.

I was in complete shock of what came out of his mouth. We joke around and have a back and forth relationship, but he's never been straight up that rude to me.

imageimageimage
  • Options

Next time, throat punch him. ::sips diet coke::

People are jerks. I had a sip of champagne to toast to my friend at her wedding (I was a bridesmaid)...you should have seen the dirty looks I got. FOR 1 SIP!!! I've have 0 alcohol this whole pregnancy. Confused

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejjmac:
    By one of my department managers that pregnant woman cannot have caffeine. Indifferent I asked him if he would like me to print out articles about a limited amount of caffeine is ok for pregnant woman and he was a total *** about it.

You should've acted totally shocked and said "OMG! I should call and let my doctor know!! She told me it was perfectly fine! Thanks for the breaking news!"

Asshat. 

imageimage image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Did he happen to watch The Office last night? Angela was annoying Pam about it, haha.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think janimal and jnj's comments are hilarious.  I really lol-ed at my desk. Smile
  • Options
    My manager saw me with a Starbucks cup the other morning and she said "What are you drinking?" I said "Coffee...duh." Then I started to explain to her that it was fine and she just said "Oh...okay..." How are people so misinformed about this??
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJnJ_9.22.07:

You should've acted totally shocked and said "OMG! I should call and let my doctor know!! She told me it was perfectly fine! Thanks for the breaking news!"

Asshat. 

Yes 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

imageTanderson0201:
    My manager saw me with a Starbucks cup the other morning and she said "What are you drinking?" I said "Coffee...duh." Then I started to explain to her that it was fine and she just said "Oh...okay..." How are people so misinformed about this??

Its not just that they are misinformed it's that its none of their business!

• Options
    imageerinmorin:

imageTanderson0201:

Its not just that they are misinformed it's that its none of their business!

This times a MILLION. Apparently he's concerned if he gives my child ADD because I drank a coke. Eff off buddy!

imageimageimage
  • Options

imageJanimal:

Yes 

• Options
    imageannily81:

imageJanimal:

He had his chance.  Just sit on him-no warning.  Then let one rip. 

• Options

My OB recommended that I not drink caffeine, just because I have such a hard time getting to sleep.

Otherwise, I agree with Janimal.

• Options
    I was a caffiene addict I gave it up once I found out I was pregnant. My doctor and my childbirth instructor are both anti caffiene. It has been really hard but there are cases when baby goes through caffiene withdrawls after giving birth. 6 more weeks till Im back to my daily coffee.
    ANGELA_11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageangela9602:
    I was a caffiene addict I gave it up once I found out I was pregnant. My doctor and my childbirth instructor are both anti caffiene. It has been really hard but there are cases when baby goes through caffiene withdrawls after giving birth. 6 more weeks till Im back to my daily coffee.

Cases where newborns have withdrawal show that they were exposed to heavy doses of caffeine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it in moderation, and the point is that it's no one's business to judge anyway.

• Options
    Ive thought of what I would say in that situation. ive though.... "you think this one cup of coffee is bad, wait till I add the whiskey!"
  • Options

My favorite thing to say- ?no uterus, no opinion!?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I would have told him "oh I know, and I usually don't it's just that I smoked SO MUCH pot last night, I really need it today."

I was actually off caffeine entirely UNTILL I got pregnant.  Now I have a little every day to keep my migraines under control.

This is one way that I am very lucky.  I work surrounded by medical people.  They know the actual recommendations and rarely, if ever, spout off crap.  I love it.  If anyone WERE to say anything to me, well, many EMS providers are fat, addicted to junk food and smokers. I would WELCOME it if one of them decided to open a healthy living dialogue with me :) That would be fun times.

• Options

imageshabamwam:
    Ive thought of what I would say in that situation. ive though.... "you think this one cup of coffee is bad, wait till I add the whiskey!"

YesYes  LOL

• Options
    Just look at him and ask for his medical degree and license to practice in your state. Then tell him until he can produce both what you  eat ,drink, and do is none of his business.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"