Stay at Home Moms

Pineapple ?

The inside smells and looks fine but the outside of the pineapple had started to mold. Still ok to eat or toss?

Re: Pineapple ?

  • One thing I remember about my first Bio course in college is that mold isn't restricted to the area on which you see it.  Once it's there, it's in the whole thing.  The roots have infected the entire piece of food.

    Don't eat it.  Just toss it. 

    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 
     
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJaysonandKristin:

    One thing I remember about my first Bio course in college is that mold isn't restricted to the area on which you see it.  Once it's there, it's in the whole thing.  The roots have infected the entire piece of food.

    Don't eat it.  Just toss it. 

    The only exception to this is hard cheeses (like cheddar, parmesan, etc.). Those are fine to cut the mold off the outside and eat the rest.

    But when in doubt, throw it out.

    image

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"