Breastfeeding
Options

Some breastfeeding questions

I weaned LO#1 at 14 months and I have been breastfeeding LO#2 since birth (now almost 5 months old).  With breastfeeding both times, it seems that I pump less milk than what I am sure they had/have while on the breast.  I am a SAHM so I usually have LOs with me and don't need to pump often, so it hasn't been a big deal for the most part.  But pumping (single manual and single electric) has always been stressful for me.  Have any of you had an issue with this?  If so, what did you do to make it work better for you?  Also, if you ever felt your milk was drying up, what did you do to keep it moving along?  Thanks so much.

Re: Some breastfeeding questions

• Options

Your LO will always get more out of the breast than the pump. They're just more efficient.

Are you eating enough? Drinking enough water?

BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I normally get more when I pump both at the same time...maybe since you don't have a double pump you can use your electric and manual at the same time instead of doing one and then the other.

Or just find a used closed system double electric pump.....

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

pumping was very difficult for me, I could hardly pump 1/2 ounce from my good breast and nothing (not even drops) from my other breast. I decided to try 'hand expression'  It  worked wonderfully I got 2 full  ounces the fist time i did it. You could try 'hand expression' it may take a bit of practice but you may respond to it better and you don't have to buy a super-nice expensive pump (which wasn't an option for me I couldn't afford it. But  I was SAH so I decided to just use hand expression)

https://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/content.php?pagename=doc-EBM 

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"