Attachment Parenting
Options

Any Nebraska moms on this board?

Hi there, I just moved back to NE (grew up here) last week from Chicago and am 6 weeks pregnant. I delivered my first baby with a midwife practice and would really love the same kind of care with this pregnancy.  I've done some online research and have found a few options in the Lincoln and Omaha areas but was wondering if there were any NE moms on this board that would have any personal experience with midwives in NE and could give me any reviews or thoughts? I'll post this to other boards as well.  I thank you all in advance for any info you might have!

Re: Any Nebraska moms on this board?

• Options

I'm not what most would call a staunch AP'er but I'm from Omaha :)

I see an OB (who I love dearly!) but several of my friends see the Midwives through the new Methodist Women's Hospital.  I've heard great things about them.  Also, a birthing center just opened in Bellevue.  Definitely worth looking into!

https://bellevuebirthcenter.webs.com/

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Options

We moved back to Omaha from Minneapolis last year, about 4 months before having our DD. We came across Baby Love Birth Services, which is a group of doulas who provide birth support as well as birthing/BFing/baby care classes. It's run by a doula named Kristi Wilson - we ended up hiring her as our doula and we took their 6 week birthing class and their newborn class. I highly recommend both (there's a "refresher" class for BTDT moms)! Anyway, Kristi and the other doulas who work for her would be a great resource for midwife recommendations. Her contact info is on their website, www.babylovebirthservices.com.

I actually ended up with a great birth experience at Lakeside Hospital, where the nurses were fantastic, but probably wouldn't recommend my OB practice. My actual dr. is great - but it was one of her colleagues who ended up delivering DD and he majorly sucks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
     Hey there NE moms! I'm not delivering at a birth center this time around but am considering it next time... Just wanted to say hi.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Heart and Hands Woman Care (or something like that - i know it's "heart and hands") is the "midwife place" here in Lincoln. One of the midwives happened to be my labor and delivery nurse with my first child. I had an epidural but it was set perfectly so I could still move around a bit. She had me up on all 4 and turning this way and that to get my baby to turn which helped me avoid a c-section and a baby in distress. She was just so calm and encouraging even though, looking back, I wasn't having the kind of birth I think she believes in. My second birth was, but not the first one. After my son was born (the first one) she and my doctor hugged and thanked each other. It was just SO cool to see the doctor and nurse (who is also a midwife) so respectful of each other. I loved it and love the way that woman treated me while I was in labor. Her name was Karen and I'd recommend her. If it weren't for my strong love for my doctor I would've been with Karen for my second child in a heartbeat.

I think only 1 midwife has hospital rights (under my insurance) at Bryan. The others (including Karen) are all at St. E's, so check your insurance too to see who is a preferred provider. 

If you need a doula I have a great one here in Lincoln who was amazing during my second labor and delivery. We could not have done it without her calm guidance. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"