October 2011 Moms
Options

Birth announcement / holiday card combo?

So this may depend on when LO decides to arrive, but I was thinking of doing a birth announcement/holiday card combo and sending it out in late November. Is this too early for a holiday card and/or too late for a birth announcement (LO is due Oct 10)?  My reasoning behind this is hassle and cost. SO and I both have very large families and we would be sending out around 200 birth announcements and holiday cards.

I'll add a poll...what are you ladies doing? 

[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birth announcement / holiday card combo?

• Options
    This is exactly what I was thinking of doing. I think it makes sense.
  • Options
    Our LO is due any day now so I will do both.  However if I had as many to send as you do, I think I would just combine them.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We'll likely do both - but birth announcements to fewer people than the holiday cards.
  • Options

We will be sending out separate birth annoucements and holiday cards.

Just on a note of whether November is too late - my friend had her baby in June last year and the birth annoucement was on their X-mas card, 6 months later.  I guess it is never too late for a birth annoucement!  I don't think my mom ever did one for me - maybe she should send it out now.Stick out tongue

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagelisamonkee11:
    We'll likely do both - but birth announcements to fewer people than the holiday cards.

Same here.  We are only sending ba to our very close family and a couple of friends but Xmas cards go out to a lot more people.  

• Options
    I voted for option 1 only bc we don't have a ton to send out (definitely no where near 200). And I want a pic of us as a family on our Christmas card. I will probably do Christmas cards from Vistaprint, which were super cheap last year. Still deciding on where to get birth announcements from. If I had that large of a family I would probably combine though.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options
    We are doing them together, but our family is throwing our shower after LO is born so the people that will be invited to that will have a birth announcement/shower invitation earlier than the "official" birth announcement/holiday card.
    photo dca9b006-0f54-4503-ad9d-536560d9d80f.jpg
    Mr C born 10/25/11  Miss M born 9/11/14
  • Options
    DS was born early december and we did a combo for that.  But for an October birth, I think it's kind of too early to do a combo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We will we be doing both separately.  Mainly because it just gives me an excuse to get more photos taken our of LO!
  • Options
    We have the same due date and a very large family as well (about the same amount as you do) and I am planning on doing a combination.  On Mixbook you can do a front and back card so I thought one side will be the Birth Announcement and the other would be a Christmas card.  I am hoping to have them ready by Thanksgiving so I can hand some out to family then (most family members exchange Christmas cards at this time because of being a large family and saving money on postage).  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"