Trying to Get Pregnant

Consistency of consecutive temps?

Disclaimer: This may be a dumb question.

This morning when I temped (using the Walmart BBT thermometer), I was surprised by how low my temperature was (97.53 compared to 98.3 yesterday). So I immediately temped again and got 97.89, which seemed more plausible, but I temped once again to confirm...and then got 98.56! I was moving as little as possible and took all three temps within a 3-minute time frame. 

I think each of the three temps conveys quite different information. And this same thing happened to me one time earlier in the month when I got an unexpectedly low temp, so I tried again and it kept increasing. Normally I just take one temp, but on these occasions I just tried again because the results were unexpected.

So the question is, if one takes a few consecutive BBTs, is the temp expected to stay the roughly same or to fluctuate like mine is doing? In other words, is this fluctuation normal, or is there something wrong with my thermometer? TIA!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Consistency of consecutive temps?

• I think it's normal for that to happen.  With the thermometer we have for DS you're suppose to wait a certain amount of time (I can't remember how long) between taking the temps to let everything get back to zero.  I hope that makes sense.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • imageAndreaR1983:
    I think it's normal for that to happen.  With the thermometer we have for DS you're suppose to wait a certain amount of time (I can't remember how long) between taking the temps to let everything get back to zero.  I hope that makes sense.
    THANK YOU! I didn't even think about it needing to get back to zero. So do you think that since I didn't wait between temps, the first one would be the most accurate?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekasekase86:
    imageAndreaR1983:
    I think it's normal for that to happen.  With the thermometer we have for DS you're suppose to wait a certain amount of time (I can't remember how long) between taking the temps to let everything get back to zero.  I hope that makes sense.
    THANK YOU! I didn't even think about it needing to get back to zero. So do you think that since I didn't wait between temps, the first one would be the most accurate?

Yes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelefty82:

imagekasekase86:
    imageAndreaR1983:

Yes.

Many thanks! Well geez, in that case, my temp dropped A LOT from yesterday. Hope that's an implantation dip and not an indication I'm out this month!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"