Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

maybe she isn't so bad after all....

Ok, my MIL deserves eight million times more credit than I've given her. We're in the middle of the third visit in two weeks with the IL's (who live three hours away)... this wasn't planned but not unwelcome either. But seriously, I've been sort of realizing the past couple of months how supportive she actually is of our parenting and of DH and I in general, but especially so in the past two weeks. Makes me wonder how many of our past rough issues were just a matter of misreading each other's intentions. I'm just shocked at how relaxed I feel about my parenting decisions around her, because she can definitely come across as a "my way or the highway" type of person. My own parents (who I'm very close to) seem more judgemental parenting-wise.

I guess hell CAN freeze over. Smile

I'm glad she's getting some grandma time in yesterday and today while we're at work... didn't have to worry about the daycare run!

Any other positive MIL stories for the day? I'm in a happy mood and want to hear happy stories.

STM due Feb. 2017!

Re: maybe she isn't so bad after all....

• Options
    I get along great with my mother-in-law. Maybe it's because I've known her since I was 15, so I sort of grew up with her as my second mother. We have a mutual agreement that we let each other know if something is bothering the other without any hard feelings. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My MIL picked up LO from daycare since she was sick and watched her and took her to her dr appt for me so I could work. I had taken the past two days off for the same reason
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"