Multiples
Options

heartburn

Baby girl is laying really high and not budging. It is making my heartburn even worse. I'm suppose to take 2 tums daily as a calcium supplement per my OB but I'm taking them 3 or 4 times a day for the heartburn. Any more than that and I'll be taking too much. As a nurse, I've seen first hand what too much calcium can do to a person so I don't want to continue eating them like candy. I know that I've read some have been on zantac or prevacid but I'm trying to stay away from traditional drugs. Any natural remedies that you have tried? I'm going to google a bit and ask the doc tomorrow at my appointment but wanted your opinions. Thanks in advance!
alicia & joseph, married 9/4/10 expecting twins 2/9/2012 two beautiful daughters from prior marriage, ages 7 & 4 one angel baby boy in heaven Pregnancy Ticker http://consumedbyendo.blogspot.com/

Re: heartburn

• Options
    I know redwine vinegar helps. You take a capful and within like a minute it's better. Also milk helps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I think the amount of tums you are taking seems within the regular dosage for a day and I think it might even be a few more, but I'm REALLY not sure you'd have to check with the pharmacist on that one.

I've been using Gaviscon liquid this time around, it seems to help and I like the taste better than I do the tums, my pharmacist advised me it was safe during pregnancy, but you can always check with to make 100% sure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAliciaC19:
    Baby girl is laying really high and not budging. It is making my heartburn even worse. I'm suppose to take 2 tums daily as a calcium supplement per my OB but I'm taking them 3 or 4 times a day for the heartburn. Any more than that and I'll be taking too much. As a nurse, I've seen first hand what too much calcium can do to a person so I don't want to continue eating them like candy. I know that I've read some have been on zantac or prevacid but I'm trying to stay away from traditional drugs. Any natural remedies that you have tried? I'm going to google a bit and ask the doc tomorrow at my appointment but wanted your opinions. Thanks in advance!

might seem silly and unhealthy, but the only thing that helped me with my heartburn was wendy's frosties or some kind of soft serve ice cream.  not joking.  tums never did much, and I also didn't want to take meds.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I asked the doc today and he recommend gaviscon too. I'm kind of scared to try the vinegar thing - adding an acid to all of the acid I'm already feeling doesn't sound like it would be pleasant. I've tried milk and it helps in the short term like the tums. Frosties....yummm!
    alicia & joseph, married 9/4/10 expecting twins 2/9/2012 two beautiful daughters from prior marriage, ages 7 & 4 one angel baby boy in heaven Pregnancy Ticker http://consumedbyendo.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"