Success after IF
Options

Think I just aged 2 years

I was downstairs watching TV and heard a thud upstairs and DS crying. He climbed out of his crib and was standing at the top of the stairs. Thank GOD we have carpeting in his room, a fluffy rug by the crib, and a permanent top of stairs gate. He is fine, but dang, he has never even tried to climb before! What now? The crib is set as low as it will go.

Re: Think I just aged 2 years

• Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would have had a heart attack. I'm glad the little guy is okay. Maybe it's time for a crib tent.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageashonkwiler09:
    I would have had a heart attack. I'm glad the little guy is okay. Maybe it's time for a crib tent.
    That's a good idea. I have him in the PNP by my bed for tonight, but I'll check on that tomorrow.
  • Options

Wow, what a little monkey! My kiddo didn't manage that with the mattress at lowest setting until he was just a bit over two. Glad he was okay!

What now? Well, we just tried to teach him to stay in his crib because I was so not ready to put him in a toddler bed. (But we don't have stairs to worry about.) For one weekend he climbed out constantly, ruining naps and appearing at our bedside in the middle of the night. Then, on the third day, he fell while he was climbing out. He wasn't hurt, but he must have scared himself pretty good because that was several months ago and he hasn't climbed out since.

Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yikes! I have no advice, but you have a lot of my sympathy!!
  • Options
    OMG, that is one of my worst fears!  Thank goodness you have a gate!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options
    Yikes!! Glad he's ok!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Charlie was that exact age when he started climbing out. I didn't do anything. He got moved to a twin bed 10 months later. He got to be pretty good at climbing out. I'm not help... ;-)

You can crib tent him or just see  if he does it again. It might have been a fluke! 

imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageTheSkimmy:

Charlie was that exact age when he started climbing out. I didn't do anything. He got moved to a twin bed 10 months later. He got to be pretty good at climbing out. I'm not help... ;-)

You can crib tent him or just see  if he does it again. It might have been a fluke! 

Oh man, if it weren't for the stairs, I would probably move him to a toddler bed now. But now I'm wondering if this little McGyver could climb the stair gate? Maybe close the door with a handle guard? He's really pretty crafty to be so small!
  • Options
    G climbed out of her crib at 21 months and must have hurt herself (for a week or so she would say "bed boo boo fall") she hasn't tried it since and she is clearly big enough and strong enoughto do it with ease. Maybe this will be a fluke for you too.
  • Options
    I'm so glad he's ok! I would have freaked out too. Sounds like you have a mini MacGyver on your hands!
  • Options

Okay, crap. DS2 has hardwood and no rug of any sort in his room. I think I will be looking for rugs asap!

Anyway, I'm sure that was really scary!!! I totally fear this with #2 (DS1 was not a climber and never escaped his crib); he is a climber already. So glad your little guy was okay! I'd also look into a crib tent, if I were you. :(

• Options
    DS did this once over the summer and hasn't tried again. If he continues, I say it's time for a toddler/regular bed.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    oh man...i hope he decides that once was enough!!
  • Options
    Nicholas is 2 1/2 and hasn't even attempted the "Great Crib Escape".  *knock wood*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"