Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Do your kids ask strange ?s

So dd1 is inquisitive, some nights we read tons of books and she listens. So nights she has ten million questions about each page. Mostly "why" questions.

Tonight while reading Green Eggs and Ham she asked some zingers

"Why is Sam happy?"

"Why is he pestering that bigger one?"

"Why doesn't the bigger one have a name?"

good lord, I don't know kid! It's a freaking nonsense book that is considered a kids classic written by a man with more pen names than writing styles.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Do your kids ask strange ?s

• Options

Yep, why is my DS' favorite word, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  It seems after a little over a year of I.N.T.E.N.S.E. use of the word why, he may be slowing down a bit, at least for the most part.  I love that he's inquisitive, but good gravy the kid can drive you up the wall with the why, why, why.  (Of course, I've probably just jinxed myself by writing this.)

ETA: I'm seriously considering this book for DS for Xmas.  Seriously considering it!

• Options
    Yes. All the time about everything. His favorite words are why and how. Every answer you give leads to 10 spinoff questions. I have noticed that he notices small details in books like that - things I completely miss like "Why doesn't that guy have a nose?" "Where did his shoes go?" .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ALL THE TIME.  When I get that breaking nerve point, I just say "I don't know", lol!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options

"What number is my name?"

That's my favorite, when there just is no answer.  I also get a lot of questions about complete strangers on the street- where are they going, are they mommies and daddies, do they like things.  Um, I don't know.  They are random strangers and we are passing them in a car going 30mph so I can't really stop to ask.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCD+AL:

ETA: I'm seriously considering this book for DS for Xmas.  Seriously considering it!

Hey, I just about bought that from Scholastic last month!  Kinda glad I didn't, because they wanted $14 or $15 for it. 

As for the original question, Yes!  For the weird questions, I either make something up (for those questions that don't have a good answer), or say, "I don't know, we can try and look it up later if you would like!"

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemrswright2006:
    imageCD+AL:

Hey, I just about bought that from Scholastic last month!  Kinda glad I didn't, because they wanted $14 or $15 for it. 

As for the original question, Yes!  For the weird questions, I either make something up (for those questions that don't have a good answer), or say, "I don't know, we can try and look it up later if you would like!"

Me too!  Actually, it's in one of the book orders that just came home from school yesterday too, which is what I was looking at when I opened this post and what made me think to add it to my response.  And, yes, I'm glad I didn't pay $14 for it too.

• Options

We've got a lot of "WHY???" going on too right now. I think it's just the age. At least I hope so. :-)

The other day, DD asked if thunder was a boy.

Umm. Sure? Big Smile

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"