Pregnant after a Loss
Options

hypothyroidism and ttc

Hello ladies! DH and I have been ttc for about 6 months since my miscarriage in January and I have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism secondary to hashimoto's thyroiditis. I have just started taking synthroid and am feeling hopeful that I will soon feel better and soon be KU! Anyway I was wondering if any of you ladies have any experience with thyroid issues. I have read a lot about certain TSH levels being compatible with becoming pregnant and am wondering if anyone has any insight or experiences they could share. TIA!!
TTC since 10/1/10 BFP 1/14/11 MC @ 6w 3d 1/17/11 2 Rounds Clomid 50mg + ovidrel trigger=BFN SA=Normal HSG= tubes clear July 2012 gonal-f and +ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFN August 2012 gonal-f + ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFP!! Beta 8/24 12dpo 166!! Beta#2 8/28 16dpo 942!!! EDD 5/4/13 9/10-First US-TWINS!! 2 beautiful little HB's, 1/3/13 said good-bye to our little boy. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hypothyroidism and ttc

• Options
    I was diagnosed with hypo in January, and found out I was pregnant a week later. The doctor put me on synthroid and metformin (for PCOS, which is often found in conjunction with thyroid issues). I believe these two meds helped me to keep the pregnancy, my 4th. I'm watching my baby boy sleep in Grandma's arms as I type.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1: 07/10/2009, Missed m/c, D&C 08/12/2009
    BFP #2: 01/31/2010, Identical Twins died in utero due to TTTS, D&E 05/19/2010
    BFP #3: 09/16/2010, natural m/c 9/21/2010
    PCOS & Bocornuate Uterus Dx 1.4.2011
    BFP #4: 01/11/2011
  • Options

I've had hashimotos since I was 8, and currently take armour thyroid (since synthroid never quite made me feel whole).  I think you want to keep your TSH under 2.5 while TTC & early in pregnancy. 

I think as long as you are in the care of a great endo you should be okay.  My thyroid hasn't really affected my ability to TTC & wasn't a factor in my loss.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was diagnosed hypo last august and got pregnant shortly thereafter. That pg did end in a m/c, and it was thought that my hypo may have been a contributing factor. After all that I was also diagnosed with mild PCOS, which, like pp said, is often diagnosed with thyroid issues. With a really great Dr, who keeps a very close eye on my TSH levels, and 2 rounds of clomid I am expecting our first baby and am due in June :) When you do get pg, make sure that your Dr is keeping very close watch on your TSH levels. I would suggest going in to get checked at least once a month. GL!!
  • Options
    I've been diagnosed since after our first 7 years ago. I felt much better on my synthroid. Just stay on top of your meds while ttc and during pregnancy. Also, once you found out you are pregnant, be sure to alert your obgyn and the doctor monitoring your thyroid. 
    Happily Married 8 years! Aidan McKay Positive Test 12/22/03 Born 08/11/04 Brooklyn Grace Positive Test 8/29/04 Became our angel 10/15/10 We got the ok to ttc again! As of 1/25/11, the BDing has begun! Tested positive June 5th! EDD- 2/13/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I also have hypothyroidism/hashimotos. I was diagnosed pre ttc. I was put on a generic med that didn't work so now I am on synthroid and have been for a couple years. I see an endo 2x a year to check my levels. After a BFP I got the thyroid panel and continue to every 6-8w. They have adjusted my meds as needed (which was only once so far).

I did not have trouble getting pg - 1st BFP was first cycle not using protection. 2nd BFP was 2nd cycle trying after the m/c.

GL to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"