Austin Babies
Options

AFI?

This is random, but I was hoping someone might be able to help. 

Anyone have any experience with AFI here in Austin? I am looking at transferring to their clinic.
ME: 30 DH: 30
TTC #1 since 3/2010
DX: Unclear-potential MF (low motility, borderline count); currently unexplained
Ultrasound/HSG- Feb 2011
Lap: May 2011
Clomid/IUI Cycle #1: 6/2011
Clomid/IUI Cycle #2: 7/2011
Clomid/IUI Cycle #3: 8/2011
9/2011 Switched REs...and more testing
DX: Unexplained- borderline MFI
IVF #1: 11/09/2011- BFP!!
Beta #1: 241; Beta #2: 666
Ultrasound scheduled for 5w6d
Baby girl born 8.14.12

Re: AFI?

• Options
    Sorry, I actually had to google a f i austin to find out what you were referring to...  I have no experience with them (obviously or I wouldn't have needed Mr Google!), but wanted to let you it seems to me that Tex as Ferti lity Ce nter is the most popular/recommended among the ladies on this board.  Good luck!
  • Options

We used Texas Fert Center and I can't say enough good things about them.  I saw Dr. Vaughn but also had great experiences with Hansard and Mehta. 

When we started researching I looked up AFI but they didn't have any SART results.  They are a few years behind (just came out for 2009 I think) so AFI may just be too new a practice but I wasn't comfortable spending that kind of money without knowing the success statistics.  TFC is well established (Dr. Vaughn did the very first IVF procedure in Austin back in the 80's) and is cutting edge on all their treatments.  I know other fertility practices use their embryology lab as well. 

That being said a co-worker is using AFI and she loves their doctors and is very happy so far.  Although she's just starting her first IUI so beginning of that long road.

Good luck!  I hope you are able to conceive quickly. 

Married October 28, 2006, TTC since March 2009 IUI #1-8 w/ clomid = BFN
    IVF # 1 May, 2011 = BFP!!! Stillbirth at 26 weeks (placental failure/severe IUGR)
    FET #1 February, 2012-- BFP! Beta #1=84 Beta #2= 207 Beta #3= 3,526 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Our Rainbow Baby is on the Way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Another TFC patient here....we love Dr. Hansard.

Lots of luck to you!

BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • Options
    Wait.....have you posted before about not loving TFC?  I might be remembering incorrectly, but if you did, I had some qualms at first too that I had to work through.  If you want to chat more, you can email me at my screenname at yahoo.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"