Pregnant after a Loss
Options

please help me date with IUI and a scan question :)

this is my first IUI and i don't know how to date myself. if i use LMP then i'm not as far along compared to IUI (conception) date. my IUI and trigger would be about a week before my unmedicated O date. any expericence with this? 

also, my RE office is giving me the option to go in next friday and maybe not see a heartbeat, but we would find out if we are having one or two, or wait until the tuesday after and more likely to see a heartbeat. of course i want to give in to my desire for answers and go in sooner, but am i setting myself up for more stress if they don't find one (or two)? 

thanks ladies :) 

ttc (on and off) since we were married in 2005
unexplained if
3/2011 injectibles with tic = bfp and twins!! edd december
lost both heartbeats and emergency d&c at 7 weeks
9/2011 letrozole,injectibles,and iui = BFP! edd june 2 - baby girl born at 32 weeks and 1 month in NICU...so happy to be healthy and home! 8/2012 whoa! surprise! baby boy due june 2...again!
"...and guard with tenderness, small things that have no words."

Re: please help me date with IUI and a scan question :)

• Options

I agree w pp....  My doctor is going by the date of my IUI (8/29) so added two wks to that (even though that was CD16)

I had two beta draws after my BFP, and then my first u/s at 5w3d and again today at 6w3d.  We saw one gestational sac and yolk sac at the first and today we saw a heart beat for that baby, we also saw a twin but its not as far progressed and they believe it will vanish.  Try trying to give you info to help your expectations.  Good luck!

BFP#1 11.2.10 | EDD 7.9.11 | HB 7w2d & 8w4d | missed M/C 11w2d | D&E 12.21.10
    FSH at 14.5 - 4.21.11 | CCCT - (CD3 8.8,CD10 12.2)| dx w/ DOR @ 28 yrs old
    IUI#1 + clomid 8.29.11 (our anniversary)
    BFP#2 9.10.11 | EDD 5.21.12 | beta 1 @ 14dpi:232 | beta 2 @17dpi:703 | beta 3 @24dpi:7,174
    Baby A HB of 142(7w), 161(8w), 164(9w) | Baby B no HB, Vanishing Twin
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

thank you!! using my IUI date does make more sense to me :)

i will probably cave and go in earlier.

ttc (on and off) since we were married in 2005
    unexplained if
    3/2011 injectibles with tic = bfp and twins!! edd december
    lost both heartbeats and emergency d&c at 7 weeks
    9/2011 letrozole,injectibles,and iui = BFP! edd june 2 - baby girl born at 32 weeks and 1 month in NICU...so happy to be healthy and home! 8/2012 whoa! surprise! baby boy due june 2...again!
    "...and guard with tenderness, small things that have no words."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

There are some calculators online that allow you to put in the date of conception, which would be your IUI date. Otherwise, like PPs said, count back two weeks from your IUI and use that as your LMP. 

As for the u/s... we went in at 5w2d to see how many there were and to make sure they were in the uterus. We went weekly after that and saw the HBs at 6w2d. GL! 

m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"