May 2011 Moms
Options

Nipples in Fridge Question...

My mom thinks it is a good idea to store the sterilized nipples and rings in the fridge...does anyone know if this is good or bad thing to do?

I could really use advice on this, can't seem to find much on the internet if it's a good thing? Thanks! :)

Re: Nipples in Fridge Question...

• Options
    We dont do this, and I have never heard of it.. but FWIW.. if I have a bottle in the fridge I have to change the nipple before LO will take it. He doesn't like when its cold.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm not sure why you would...did she give a reason?  I've never heard it before.

Also, when I saw your post title, I thought, "Who would put their boobs in the fridge?  And how?"

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hahahah! I didn't think of that when I wrote it. Haha.

So, she thinks because cold things like operating rooms are cold that it keeps bacteria out. It is totally her theory, no concrete proof to this. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't harmful in any way.

• Options

She's right. You can actually "sterilize" pump parts in between uses by storing them in the fridge. 

I don't store mine in the fridge, because they are in rotation getting used all the time, but that's good advice!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh, and operating rooms are cold so that the doctors don't overheat under their scrubs :) I learned that after 2 c/sections. 

• Options
    imageLisa Frank:

She's right. You can actually "sterilize" pump parts in between uses by storing them in the fridge.

I don't store mine in the fridge, because they are in rotation getting used all the time, but that's good advice!

I do this if I'll be pumping multiple times in a day.  But I wash bottles/nipples with hot, soapy water in between each use.

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"