January 2011 Moms
Options

Moms of boys

It dawned on me the other day, I don't know how to play like a boy. I am not athletic in any way shape or form. I don't prefer outdoors, hate bugs. I don't like to exercise, run, ride bikes, etc. I also don't play video games. How am I going to play with JT?

Right now we roll a Fisher Price plush soccer ball to each other sitting on the floor, or play with any kind of toys that require putting things inside of them, and he has cars he loves so I drive them around him making noise. But once he's ready for more, I don't know what I will do.

I was totally a Barbies girl. Any tips?????? Do I just need to channel my inner boy self that I never knew was there?

Re: Moms of boys

• Options
    This is how I feel about the possibility of having a girly girl.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I got through it with DS#1 - luckily when they are younger and want you to play video games they are simple games that I could play.  Once he got into complex ones he did not want mom to play anyways.

Mine liked golf so I would just take him to the driving range and buy him golf balls.  He was older when he took up ice hockey - no parental involvement needed.  But I am darned good at going to games and beating on the glass. 

I am hoping that older brother (14) will help me out this go round with LO.  Also, this gives dad plenty of boy time.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think we will find stuff to do together.  I am more worried that he will use my fear of bugs against me.  Smile
  • Options

imagebethyla:
    I think we will find stuff to do together.  I am more worried that he will use my fear of bugs against me.  Smile

ha! i couldn't have said it better!

i was actually relieved when we found out p was a boy, i've always been more of a tomboy so i think i can handle the sports, bike riding, etc. early on, & h will gladly play video games but i'm not a bug person either. 

my brother & i were terrible to my mother when we were younger & would hide fake bugs under chairs & things we knew she was going to move when we'd clean (we had family saturday morning cleaning sessions)...so don't think i'll be torturing my children with that...so in order for us to get some fun out of it we'd always hide things & she'd always freak out about it too...she never seemed to anticipate it.

• Options
    I've honestly never thought of it. I played sports and grew up on a farm so I can do all the animal, tractor and things that make loud noises :) I was kinda a girlie girl though. Like pp said I have to figure it out when we get there and let dh do the rest. Right now he likes to run around outside and play with puzzles and trains.
  • Options
    Hmm..I was thinking I would just take my DS on a lot of little outdoorsy adventures...like the beach, park..camping..hiking..stuff like that..theme parks..Sea World..the Zoo...Museums..stuff we would do regardless of gender..I think I will leave the manly man stuff to his dad..lol..

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I feel like since I'm SAHM he'll be like "Mom, let's play GI Joes (do they even still have that?)"

I'd be like "Bang, bang"

And he'd say "Mom, you're doing it wrong"

And then I'll say "Well I don't know how to do it. We can play Barbies instead?!" 

• Options
    imageMrsLynnyD:

I feel like since I'm SAHM he'll be like "Mom, let's play GI Joes (do they even still have that?)"

I'd be like "Bang, bang"

And then I'll say "Well I don't know how to do it. We can play Barbies instead?!" 

Lol...That is funny..he will care more about spending time with you then what you guys do..you know..=)  I am a girly girl..but I know we will have a lot of fun together..even if we end up playing Barbies..lol.. I'm sure my husband might disagree, but action figures are just dolls..( "for boys") so It is basically the same as Barbie...they just fight instead of shop..

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I fear the same thing. I am such a girly girl.  I always loved painting my nails, combing my dolls hair, dancing and cheerleading.  I think most "manly" sports are boring, too aggressive, or meaningless.  If my son play sfootball, I don't know how I am going to sit outside in the cold and watch people push him roughly to the ground.  DH will definitely have to help me with DS, because I'd have him all messed. up.  LMBO!!!  I will handle DD and SD, because DH doesn't have a clue when it comes to girls.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageMrsLynnyD:

I'd be like "Bang, bang"

LOL! If JT's anything like Joshua, there will come a time that it won't matter what you're doing or how right you're doing it, he will always say this anyway. lol! 

I second Rouen's Dream- just do what you like to do with him, don't make a big deal of whether it's boyish or not. He'll just love that you're giving him attention. And he's supposed to learn what a woman is from you, and your H can teach him how to be manly. Right? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"