Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Yes, I'm getting bigger...

...I'm almost 7 months pg FFS! I should look pg now. And I make no effort to hide it anymore. This belly has a baby in it and I love it, aches and pains and all.

I'm getting alot of comments on how big I look lately and most of the time it's said in a sweet way but sometimes I feel like there is an undertone of maybe I shouldn't be this big at this point... maybe it's just me being paranoid but either way, maybe it should be a rule not to tell the pg lady how BIG she is. A comment about how beautiful pg is would go a h!ll of alot farther.

I don't think I should be concerned at 7 months pg on how big I look - I'm making a person!

Rant over. Here's a reward for listening to me. image

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Re: Yes, I'm getting bigger...

• Options

I agree. I think people don't know what to say, and they think they're actually complimenting you when you tell you that you look big or bigger. But most of the time it's offensive.

I just usually respond with "I'm just glad she's growing the way she's supposed to!" and leave it at that. It's easier that way :)

Baby Blog
    BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
    BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
    BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Ugh... I hate those comments, anyone who thinks comments about a persons size is ok should be slapped. I got the "Wow, you actually look pregnant today" comment this morning. It took a lot of tongue biting not to say something snappy. Why do social norms not exist when it relates to pregnancy? It would never be acceptable to say "Geez, you've gained some weight" to anyone who isn't pregnant... why would I find it flattering now? Cripes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

hahaha....own it chica!!

I am already bigger as a person well before I was pregnant...so if someone is going to talk sh!t...then SLAP! hahaha No...not really...but I like to think I could.

Thanks for the slice of yummy!

• Options
    Some people are not very smart. A well timed smack upside the head always worked for my sister ;)
  • Options
    I've seen you BPFs...your not big...your gorgeous!

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14

• Options

I hate how it is somehow acceptable to comment on a pregnant woman's size.  Would you tell a non-pregnant woman that she was getting too fat or didn't look quite big enough in the belly/hips/boobs/whatever?  I think most people would think that is rude and offensive and would not go there.  So why is a pregnant woman's body everyone's business?

This bugs me, too, obviously!  I guess I just don't like the implication that we are doing something wrong or our bodies aren't functioning optimally. 

BFP#1 11-26-10 MMC 1-13-11
    BFP#2 6-8-11 Eleanor Beatrice born 2-15-12
    BFP#3 9-4-13 Benjamin Lee born 4-28-14

• Options

I hate the comments about how big you are... Many times I feel like people are just trying to say, "oh you look rather fat today." Ignore all of the crappy comments, or tell them how "big" they look today. That's always nice. haha

On a good note, my nephew's mom say my 7m picture yesterday & called to tell me how great I look & how unfair it is that I look the way I do. This made me feel amazing! I've been worried that'd I'd looke like a Macy's Thanksgiving day parade balloon at 7m, totally not the case. I told her thank you for the compliment & to look at the amazing, beautiful little boy I like to call my sugar bear. He was worth it all. (& by all I mean gaining her entire body weight (started at 90, gave birth at 185), & bc of the weight gain horrendous stretch marks. This was who I had been comparing myself to. I was terrified I'd have this gigantic baby (he was 8lbs 9oz. Not the biggest, but still big), who would tear up my body (again, all worth it, but still)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have gotten the, really, not till January?!?!? Yeah it makes me want to cry.  I can't help that I am short and he has no where to go but out, I mean I am only 5'1.  I think if it didn't hurt my feeling so much I would be mad but I get all teary eyed and just nod along and try and smile...

Oh and thanks for the apple pie you know you have elicited major cravings across the country right now, right??? LOL....

• Options
    I can't wait to get as big as I can (within the weight gain limit of course.)  and I can't wait to see all the bump pictures tomorrow :)  and fyi I seen your other BPF pics and you look wonderful!
  • Options
    imagesmallfry5909:

I agree. I think people don't know what to say, and they think they're actually complimenting you when you tell you that you look big or bigger. But most of the time it's offensive.

I just usually respond with "I'm just glad she's growing the way she's supposed to!" and leave it at that. It's easier that way :)

Totally this.  Don't let the idiots get you down -- you are growing a new person for goodness' sake!

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Oh, I wouldn't really take what people say to heart.  One person will tell you that you look huge for your dates & another person will tell you that you look super tiny.  As long as you are measuring on track per your Dr. I wouldn't worry about any dumb people comments.
  • Options

I would agree with not telling a pg lady hoe big she looks. But at 7 months who cares, I'm sure you look beautiful!

Um and that pie is making drool :) 

Me 36 DH 38
    Married 1/22/10
    BFP #1 3/11 m/c 7w 3d blighted ovum
    BFP #2 5/11 DD born 1/12
    BFP #3 3/16 Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4 12/16 m/c 7w blighted ovum
  • Options

I am so so sick of it. I just posted a similar rant about this. I wish people realized that commenting on a pregnant woman's size is just as rude and inappropriate as commenting on any woman's size. I swear the next person who tells me I look huge, ready to pop or big is going to get insulted right back. It boggles my mind that people are so clueless, especially when they are overweight themselves!

The only thing you should ever say to a pregnant woman about her looks is any variation of "You look great!" 

• Options

I can't wait for when people ask me if there are two in there...because I can say YES!!

I actually had a woman tell me I didn't look pregnant...and I thought, "I REALLY hope this isn't how I look when I'm NOT 20w pregnant with twins..." 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"