Pre-School and Daycare
Options

my kid is a staller

DD is generally pretty good, follows directions, etc. but she always throws something into the routine.  Like if she goes potty, she knows she's supposed to wash her hands, but will re-route to put her socks in the laundry/move the step stool, put her doll on her bed, etc. 

Then she comes back and does whatever she's supposed to.  I guess I'm getting her to do what she's supposed to, but I feel like I'm getting a played a little bit too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: my kid is a staller

• Options
    Yup.  Me too.  As per my pp, it's a battle if I try to get her to do it my way.  I pick my battles when I can, and deal with the fallout when I don't have time.  Prime example: when getting in the car to go to school she has to open the door herself, get in herself, buckle in whatever doll or animal has tagged along, and buckle up herself.  If I do any of this she loses it.  This morning we were hugging and laughing and I buckled her seatbelt for her and she freaked out.  I had to get out, unbuckle her, watche her take the straps completely off and then do it herself.  *sigh* I think I've said it on here before: our daughters being strong and independent will serve them well some day, but today it's a time-consuming pain :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekmhunt11:
    Yup.  Me too.  As per my pp, it's a battle if I try to get her to do it my way.  I pick my battles when I can, and deal with the fallout when I don't have time.  Prime example: when getting in the car to go to school she has to open the door herself, get in herself, buckle in whatever doll or animal has tagged along, and buckle up herself.  If I do any of this she loses it.  This morning we were hugging and laughing and I buckled her seatbelt for her and she freaked out.  I had to get out, unbuckle her, watche her take the straps completely off and then do it herself.  *sigh* I think I've said it on here before: our daughters being strong and independent will serve them well some day, but today it's a time-consuming pain :)

oh - hi, please stop stalking me!!

OMG yes, this whole independence thing is over-rated.

Everytime my MIL watches DD she's like "oh, ha ha, she wants to do everything herself"  Contrasted with my overly coddled nieces who can barely fetch a fork by themselves at 10 yo.  Independence is great, but jeez, let's speed it up a little!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, I feel your pain.  I do the counting thing (you have until 3 to do X) but have considered employing a kitchen timer.  Worked on Little Bill (Nick Jr show) anyway....

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"