Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Today...is a good day. Question about blood pressure...

Well...I saw my primary care yesterday and my blood pressure is a bit high ....but I am hoping that is just because this is stressful!!

Today...I decided to get some Starbucks on my way to my carpool ...and I walked in and saw a guy I have known for like 15 years who I have not seen since Christmas!! He is a wonderful man and we just do not keep in touch enough...and well...he is UBER hot...and I have no issue with looking...hahaha Its nice to have nice things to peak at sometimes.

Then I get to work and find out my work boyfriend (I call him this becasue we work so closely together) is getting promoted!! He totally deserves this!! I will be taking on a lot of his duties when he goes but this is amazing and I am stoked for him.

Then...the boy (my guy) had a phone interview today and nailed it! He is trying to switch careers FAST so he can qualify for paternaty leave if/when the time comes. He just hates his job and wants to work closer to home if there is a baby involved. Right now, we both commute about 45 min each way to work. Ugh! So one of us being closer would be great.

He has a few applications for great jobs out there (Netflix and a few video game companies because thats the industry I work in) ...so I am glad he is getting some responses!! He needs to leave his current job...he hates it...time to go! 

Anyhoo...have any of ya'll had the high blood pressure thing before?? How do you deal with it?? I am researching via google right now to see what the effects of this are on a pregnancy...

Re: Today...is a good day. Question about blood pressure...

• Options

I had chronic high blood pressure before I got pregnant, so my docs jumped on the ball with trying to keep it in control.  I take bp meds, drink A LOT of water and try to stay away from canned & frozen foods because they are ridiculously high in sodium.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I normally have a very low bp, like 100 over 60ish, and my first few appts it was on the highish side too.  I think they were mainly because of nerves.  You can really work yourself up. 

Keep in mind at this stage your body is also producing 50% more blood than before so it can affect it too!!

Now I have been diagnosed with Pre E but they don't really start looking for indicators for that until second trimester and sometimes even third.  I would put my feet up, think of how well my Appt went and how awesome it would be if the boy got one of the jobs, destress yourself maybe with a warm bath, then go to cvs or somewhere and check it again at your leisure. 

Keep in mind your OB will be tracking it too so he will notice if it is too elevated.  GL and congrats on all the good news.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sounds like a lot of good things happening today - that's great.

After having great blood pressure throughout my pregnancy I was diagnosed with gestational hypertension yesterday.  Likely stress induced as I wrap up work and get ready for a life change.  Do suggested slowing down a couple times a day and just taking it easy - like a nice nap.  Right now they're just going to keep a good eye on me.  Thus far I have not had any other indicators of Pre-e.

Hope all the good things in your life reduces your stress level and your blood pressure, too!

• Options

Thank you ladies ^_^

The idea of blood pressure was just like WHAT?!?! I have always had normal pressure...even overweight...so it was a shock to hear.

I called my mom and she says she has a cuff at home..so I can check it on my own.

Gosh...can not wait until my appointment next Friday...just a week left!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"