Hello ~ I am new to the bump, but joined to get some feedback about some things I have going on..sorry this is a little lengthy!
This cycle I took Clomid CD4-8 and scheduled for follicle check on day 12. At my check I had a few good candidates, but not quite there yet. (They were around 1.7 & 1.79 cm and the doc wanted them at 2cm) It wasn't my usual obgyn and he recommended I wait a couple days, come back and do another check, before doing the Ovidrel.
I went back yesterday, on CD 14 and my doc measured a couple around the same size, and smaller. She was puzzled. Her concern was that I had already ovulated....between the time I had the 1st check and the 2nd check.
I was so frustrated because they did not suggest that we have BMS (baby making sex) in between checks. I started ovulation test strips the day of the 1st check, but did not get a clear positive. My doc said to go ahead and do the Ovidrel injection as scheduled because she wasn't sure if I really had ovulated or not. DH and I had intercourse on CD 9 & 10, so she was doubtful that we would conceive based on ovulating between CD 12-14. But I thought sperm could live for at least 2-7 days depending on the quality of the cervical mucus and such?
I was a little worried about doing the shot if I have already ovulated.. I did do it this morning regardless of my concerns.. I am just not sure what to think and hoping there are no crazy effects from injecting after actual ovulation, if that is the case.
Had BMS last night, and plan to go forward with the 36hr post injection BMS as well.
Anyone have experience with this situation? Or have any words of wisdom?