Food Allergy
Options

F/U Relived and even more frustrated!

So the pedi called back yesterday and said to continue to avoid rice cereal for now but go ahead and start giving her oatmeal. So I gave her oatmeal for breakfast and dinner yesterday and sure as sh!t she is all broke out in a rash again. The thing I don't understand is the oatmeal doesn't have any soy or rice in it. I got Earth's Best brand and it only has three ingredients and she is reacting to it. So off we go to the pedi again this morning. I hope I can get some answers this time. 

Re: F/U Relived and even more frustrated!

• Options

I would avoid wheat for now.

I think in your previous message you said she was tested for wheat, but it was a skin test only.  I would avoid wheat until you can get her a RAST test.

I know many people that avoid oatmeal/rice cereal all together and just put their LO on veggies/fruits... so i would just avoid it for now. 

hope the docs figure it out soon.  Most allergist will test at 6 months so maybe you'll find out soon. 

• Options
    imagemagdusia:

I would avoid wheat for now.

I think in your previous message you said she was tested for wheat, but it was a skin test only.  I would avoid wheat until you can get her a RAST test.

I know many people that avoid oatmeal/rice cereal all together and just put their LO on veggies/fruits... so i would just avoid it for now. 

hope the docs figure it out soon.  Most allergist will test at 6 months so maybe you'll find out soon. 

all of this.  we had several cross contaminaton issues with wheat and baby food.  Making your own baby oatmeal is super easy (buy the GF ones and grind them down in a food processor) as is making your own fruits/veggies etc.  Anything you can do on your own will help you figure out where her food issues are since you won't have to deal with cross contamination. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"