April 2011 Moms
Options

mixing cereal

DS does not tolerate cereal well. We started trying at 4 months, had issues, stopped and waited several weeks and tried again. Our pedi wants him to get the extra iron from the cereal by mixing it in with his fruits. How do I do this? And how much do I put in?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: mixing cereal

• Options
    I mix the cereal into his fruits/veggies to thicken them up. Just put in a small amount and stir it in. Get it to a good consistency for your lo. There's no real science to it!
  • Options
    Thanks! I wasn't sure if I made the cereal as usual THEN mixed it or just put it right into the fruit/veggie.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBillysGrl27:
    Thanks! I wasn't sure if I made the cereal as usual THEN mixed it or just put it right into the fruit/veggie.

either one. Just play around with the consistency until you find what LO likes.

• Options
    When I give him something like pureed pears, which are very runny, I sometimes add a little cereal to thicken them.  He likes thicker foods.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    What kind of cereal are you using? We started LO out on rice but he didn't tolerate it, we switched to oatmeal and it seems to be a lot better. LO likes is food thicker also.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oatmeal. Our pedi rec'd we start with that over the rice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"