Colorado Babies

XP: from COnest. Any teachers around?

Hi :)I was sent over by Jason&Robin and my Nanna for advice.  I'm AZ nestie looking to move to Denver in the next year. My husband is currently looking for an IT/MIS position with great difficulty.I'm a teacher and recently started the application process to bring my license from AZ to CO. I had no idea it would be this drawn out. I just finished the fingerprinting. I called CBI and they said they got them on Sept 15th but didn't think that Co Dept. of Ed would get them til sometime in mid-Oct.!!!! Is it always this slow?I can't go any further in the process until the fingerprinting is completed. So I'm just twiddling my thumbs.Also, anyone transfer their license from another state? Did you have to take their Educator Exams? Ours here in AZ are accepted in most states, but when I called over to the CO. Dept of Ed the woman sounded as though they didn't take any replacements for the PRAXIS exam. I've already take both the Elem and Second. Prof. Knowledge as well as the Elem Subject and the Second. English Subject Knowledge exams. I also finished all the classwork for the Reading Endorsement that was required for all Elem teachers in AZ, but then they go rid of the endorsement in July because they couldn't afford to fund the mandatory classes. I hadn't gotten it on my license yet, was going to do it this fall. Now I'm kicking myself. But at least I have all the coursework done! :DAny and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: from COnest. Any teachers around?

• I am so sorry!  The process is slow and CDE seems slower.  I just finished my ELD endorsement, completed the application in July and it is still just being processed. 

They have a new online procedure with CDE.  I wonder if you could go ahead and fill out the application and note that the finger prints have been take by CBI. 

They should accept both the Praxis and the PLACE.  I know my Elementary Endorsement came from a PLACE test. 

I hope that helps a litte bit. I wish you luck!

• What do you teach?

I've done Primary and HS SpEd, Life Skills, Child Development, and English.

We have our own version of the Praxis called the AEPA but when I took it they said it was good in any state because it was so rigorous.

The online app said that I was not allowed to continue on until I had the fingerprints done and that was only Step 2. I was able to put in my personal info, upload a copy of my license, then nothing :(

Very frustrating. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • CDE has about 5 people in their offices, and it is extremely slow.  You can check the status of your application on-line at anytime thru the site.  Most administrators in the state should accept this as a "valid" cert.

Colorado also accepts the PRAXIS as a valid test, you just need to show proof of your results.

You should not let the fact that your cert hasn't gone thru to stop your application processes with schools.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"