May 2011 Moms

Holy cow! re: Naps

Cece took a straight 1.5 hour nap this morning and is going on 2 hours right now.

Do not ask me how I did it. Because I do not know. lol  

I'm pretty sure the dropping of the dreamfeed and moving to a 4 hour routine is making all the difference. Hogg even talks about moving to a 4 hour around this time to improve nap sleep.  So, Cece is on a steady 4, 7-8ish oz bottles a day, STTN and this is day 3 of decent (and increasingly longer) naps.  

Somebody hold me before I faint.  :) I might actually have to WAKE her.  Proof that the 45 minute nap doesn't last forever.  :crosses fingers:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Holy cow! re: Naps

• I'm crazy jealous!

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Totally jealous too! Nice job Mom! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Super Jealous!  How does your LO handle bigger bottles?  DD seems to spit up so much more from a 6 oz bottle, unless its right before bed.  Currently she eats every 3 hrs, with 5 oz bottles and a 6 before bed.
  • imageBabyBebe1:

Totally jealous too! Nice job Mom! 

this! good for you! and her :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Braggy, Braggy, Braggy!  ;)  Just kiddin.  Well done!  You've been working hard to get her here! 

Brady wouldn't take more than 6 ounces today.  Silly child.  We're a whiles away from 4 hour schedule. :) 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lisa Frank: How did you transition to the 4 hour schedule?  We're currently doing 5 6oz bottles a day (except the last bottle of the day is 7 oz).  He eats about every 3 hours.  I don't know if he would take more than 6 oz at a time, muchless wait an extra hour before the next bottle.  Did you gradually increase up to 4 hours?
  • imageJLowe2010:
    Lisa Frank: How did you transition to the 4 hour schedule?  We're currently doing 5 6oz bottles a day (except the last bottle of the day is 7 oz).  He eats about every 3 hours.  I don't know if he would take more than 6 oz at a time, muchless wait an extra hour before the next bottle.  Did you gradually increase up to 4 hours?

It looks like your DS is eating a LOT.  37 oz is probably on the higher end for most babies this age (I think?) How does he sleep at night? And when is the last bottle of the day?

• imagemullenem:
    that's awesome!  A seems to be napping pretty well at daycare (two shorter naps usually plus one longer hour to hour and a half) but it's hard for us home on the weeekends.  We're always so busy that she tends to do cat napping in the carseat/stroller.  We need to make it more of a priority to have a better weekend routine for her.  This is the biggest part that sucks about working away from her all week.

This is us also!

~~~I am MrsPLW71~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

My Birth Story
  • imageLisa Frank:

imageJLowe2010:
    Lisa Frank: How did you transition to the 4 hour schedule?  We're currently doing 5 6oz bottles a day (except the last bottle of the day is 7 oz).  He eats about every 3 hours.  I don't know if he would take more than 6 oz at a time, muchless wait an extra hour before the next bottle.  Did you gradually increase up to 4 hours?

It looks like your DS is eating a LOT.  37 oz is probably on the higher end for most babies this age (I think?) How does he sleep at night? And when is the last bottle of the day?

Sorry, I don't think I did the best job of explaining.  He has 5 bottles total.  4 of those bottles are 6 oz, and the last one is 7 oz.  So it is 31 oz total.  The last bottle is around 7:15 or 7:30.  He is in bed by 8:00 at the latest and sleeps all night until at least 7:30 a.m.  However, his naps are terrible.  3 naps a day, usually 45 min each.  Sometimes we get lucky and one of those naps will last more than an hour.  I would love to move to a 4 hour feeding schedule if that would help the nap situation.

• imageJLowe2010:
    imageLisa Frank:

imageJLowe2010:

Sorry, I don't think I did the best job of explaining.  He has 5 bottles total.  4 of those bottles are 6 oz, and the last one is 7 oz.  So it is 31 oz total.  The last bottle is around 7:15 or 7:30.  He is in bed by 8:00 at the latest and sleeps all night until at least 7:30 a.m.  However, his naps are terrible.  3 naps a day, usually 45 min each.  Sometimes we get lucky and one of those naps will last more than an hour.  I would love to move to a 4 hour feeding schedule if that would help the nap situation.

Does he wake at all before 7:30?? I found that if my DD gets a little less night sleep, she will sleep better in the day. Which makes sense because 10-12 hours at night is really great.  3-4 hours during the day for naps.  I think your DS might just be getting what he needs, which is exactly what I assumed for Cece.  But since we completely stopped feeding her at the dreamfeed, and let her wake up on her own in the a.m. (I was moving her to the swing to extend her a bit so I could get ready for work) have resulted in better napping. As my friend Shannon said to me on Sunday "Take it where you can get it."  And for you, that 8-7:30 business is pretty awesome.  Eventually that 3rd catnap will dissipate and you might notice a more steady 2-longer-nap routine form. Today, her catnap was REALLY short after all of that amazing day sleep. We'll see what tomorrow brings!! 

• Oh, and her routine today and yesterday was as follows...I know what they say about waketimes at this age, but she is happy as a clam for that long so I roll with it.

6:45 eat

8:20-9:50 Nap (she didn't even budge!)

10:45 eat (fed her a little later. I actually kept her in the crib, because she wasn't fussy at all until 10:30 and then I got her up. So, she was dozing on and off for that last 1/2 hour)

12:30-2:30 Nap.  (she did wake at about 1:20, but she fell back to sleep after 5 minutes and then slept until 2:30!)

2:45 EAT

4:45 catnap  (this lasted about 20 minutes) 

5:30. I fed her half of her final 8 oz bottle here because she seemed hungry.

6:30 Bath

7:00 she finished the bottle

7:30 bed  

We had been relying a lot on the swing to extend naps and I slowly weaned that, dropped the DF and moved her to a 4 hour routine.  It feels like it's coming together over here, but at this age, it never seems to last! ;)

• imageLisa Frank:

Oh, and her routine today and yesterday was as follows...I know what they say about waketimes at this age, but she is happy as a clam for that long so I roll with it.

6:45 eat

8:20-9:50 Nap (she didn't even budge!)

10:45 eat (fed her a little later. I actually kept her in the crib, because she wasn't fussy at all until 10:30 and then I got her up. So, she was dozing on and off for that last 1/2 hour)

12:30-2:30 Nap.  (she did wake at about 1:20, but she fell back to sleep after 5 minutes and then slept until 2:30!)

2:45 EAT

4:45 catnap  (this lasted about 20 minutes) 

5:30. I fed her half of her final 8 oz bottle here because she seemed hungry.

6:30 Bath

7:00 she finished the bottle

7:30 bed  

We had been relying a lot on the swing to extend naps and I slowly weaned that, dropped the DF and moved her to a 4 hour routine.  It feels like it's coming together over here, but at this age, it never seems to last! ;)

K, amazing.  How the heck do I do this while EBFing?  (I work full time and I'm pumping.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"