New to The Bump

Newbie here . .

Hello ladies,

I posted an introduction on the babies on the brain board too but thought I would say hi here too.

DH and I are not currently TTC but plan for me to stop taking the pill mid-January. Life right now is busy for us and we are hoping things will slow down a little bit after the first of the year. 

We are newly married but lived together for almost 2 years before our wedding. We haven't felt the sudden shock to the system that some of our newlywed friends who didn't live together first have. 

Looking forward to posting here and getting to know you ladies! 

Re: Newbie here . .

• Thanks for the info. I spent a lot of time on TK while planning my wedding so I felt comfortable posting right away but I certainly know what you mean about tight knit boards and boards full of snark. There are several I would never post to on TK.

Looking forward to reading more and getting to know everyone here! Big Smile

• Welcome.

We didn't have any shocks to our system when we got married. Just sayin'

GL TTC

• Loading the player...
  • Post edited by moderator, please refer to the terms of use.
  • Post edited by moderator, please refer to the terms of use.
  • feel free to lurk the TTC board! There are plant of women over there that are still considering TTC. I lurked for a while and have learned a TON. 

This I would suggest if you're going to TTC anytime within the next year:

Start a prenatal! Anything will do as long as theres 100% of your daily folic acid and at least 50% calcium. Walmart carries a brand thats only $4 for 100 of them. Thats what I take

Also, check out Fertility Friend. (Click on my ticker) a lot of women on the TTGP board chart their BBT. This will help you learn a lot about your body as far as when you might Ovulate and some women are able to tell when they conceive well before a test. This is my first month Charting, and I've already learned a ton!

Also, start thinking about money. Even if you can manage to put back only $100 a month, it will really help when that baby comes! You'll have a little nest egg for the pregnancy, and then you can plan on spending at least that much a month on diapers/formula when she comes. So getting used to budgeting in the baby will make you and your H feel a lot better. 

Welcome!!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAliciaS1411:

feel free to lurk the TTC board! There are plant of women over there that are still considering TTC. I lurked for a while and have learned a TON. 

This I would suggest if you're going to TTC anytime within the next year:

Start a prenatal! Anything will do as long as theres 100% of your daily folic acid and at least 50% calcium. Walmart carries a brand thats only $4 for 100 of them. Thats what I take

Also, check out Fertility Friend. (Click on my ticker) a lot of women on the TTGP board chart their BBT. This will help you learn a lot about your body as far as when you might Ovulate and some women are able to tell when they conceive well before a test. This is my first month Charting, and I've already learned a ton!

Also, start thinking about money. Even if you can manage to put back only $100 a month, it will really help when that baby comes! You'll have a little nest egg for the pregnancy, and then you can plan on spending at least that much a month on diapers/formula when she comes. So getting used to budgeting in the baby will make you and your H feel a lot better. 

Welcome!!  

Thanks for the all the tips. I plan to start prenatal's next month at my doctors suggestion and DH and I have already started a baby fund. We have my HSA (health savings account) to cover medical expenses. By the end of the year, we should have enough in the account to cover all the hospital cost associated with a normal delivery. If we have to have a c-section, extra money in another savings account. We also live well below our means now and save all we can. We plan to buy a new car in the next several months to make ready for baby and have the money in savings for it as well. 

I look forward to charting and such. I know I have so much to learn. I don't plan to stop taking the pill till mid-January so I've got a little while to wait before I can start. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"