C-sections
Options

moms with emergancy c/s

Do you think that you will do planned c/s if you have another pregnancy? I have been thinking about it.
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: moms with emergancy c/s

• Options
    If I ever get pregnant again, I hope for a VBAC.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My c-section was unplanned, but at my 6w pp visit, my OB advised there was nothing preventing me from delivering vaginally in the future.  At this point, I think I will likely play it by ear as I did this pregnancy and not schedule a c-section unless medically necessary.  However, if it appears that I might end up with another c-section, I would rather plan for it than have it sprung on me after labouring.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We were already 99% certain we were done with kids.   DH is going to get snipped.   However, on the very very very very slim chance that we do change our mind and go for a 3rd child, I did ask if I could VBAC since I did have a vaginal delivery with my first.   The dr told me she didn't think I would be a good candidate.   Apparently, I have more blood vessals than normal in my uterus.   It took her 2x as long as usual to sew it all back up.   She said since I have so many vessels, she thinks I would have a much higher risk of uterine rupture(something she has admitted to being very scared of...she told a friend who also goes to her that she almost lost a paitent and her baby due to rupture)   So if we do change our minds, I would be having a RCS.  

• Options

I don't know.

I really struggled with my c/s. I was so scared and disoriented... It is all a little foggy, kind of like a bad dream. And I didn't get to see DS until the next day.

Part of me wants to control that, and have a planned c/s. That way I know what's coming, no surprises.

Another part of me feels like I never gave birth, and instead, my child was forcibly removed from my body. I know that's silly, but I look at VBAC as the chance to have a birth experience that I can be happy with. But again, that runs the risk of another e-c/s (or even just an unplanned c/s). I don't know if I want to deal with those feelings of loss again and if I should skip even attempting VBAC.

Basically, I have no clue.

• Options
    I was told that vbacs were not an option for me and that I could only have c-sections from here on out. I'm fine with it I guess.
  • Options

YES!!

My c/s was horribly terrifying. I would be so afraid of the same situation. I like that I feel like I have a little more control this time with a scheduled C.

Oh, and my doctor won't let me vbac.

• Options

I had a successful VBAC with my second. I was pretty certain I wanted one the whole time. I did have a lot of worries that I'd go through labor and end up with a RCS again, though.

Basically, a woman's chance of VBAC success is about 70%, and the chance of uterine rupture is 1 in 200.

This is a good place to start to read about VBAC and RCS in more detail:

https://www.childbirthconnection.org/article.asp?ck=10212

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    I had an unplanned c/s with my first child, and I decided to do a repeat with my second. I didn't want to go through all the labor and everything and still end up with a c/s like I did the first time. But, he was breech so I would've had to have one anyway.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I had an unplanned c/s with my first daughter, and I'm hoping for a VBAC with this baby. I didn't have an awful c/s recovery, but I still think a VBAC recovery will be easier. I want to be able to lift and carry my toddler after I give birth, and I know I won't be able to do that after a c/s.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Part of the reason I am not having another is because I do not want another c/s.  Because of the way I was cut due a real emergency (my cord dropped and they had to get baby out within a minute or two or he would have lost oxygen and blood supply) I have to do another section.  My internal cut is vertical and exterior is horizontal and they say that I cannot do vbac because of that.

• Options
    imageLadyExtravaganza:

I don't know.

I really struggled with my c/s. I was so scared and disoriented... It is all a little foggy, kind of like a bad dream. And I didn't get to see DS until the next day.

Part of me wants to control that, and have a planned c/s. That way I know what's coming, no surprises.

Another part of me feels like I never gave birth, and instead, my child was forcibly removed from my body. I know that's silly, but I look at VBAC as the chance to have a birth experience that I can be happy with. But again, that runs the risk of another e-c/s (or even just an unplanned c/s). I don't know if I want to deal with those feelings of loss again and if I should skip even attempting VBAC.

This was exactly my experience and I have the same feelings as you.  My issue is that I'm 37 weeks pg and still haven't decided.

• Options
    My first c-section was unplanned..I was late and got induced..no progress at all...So, it was considered an emergency.  I punked out and opted for a second c-section. I wish that I had tried for a VBAC.  I want to have a third child and OB says I will def have to have a third c-section.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope. I have a classical (vertical) incision (most of you probably have horizontal) so I will only have repeat c/s
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'll have to. The nearest place that will do VBACs is over 200 miles away.
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    I was debating it but chose a vbac.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well with my first my LO was breached, so I had an emergency c/s. then 6 years later I got pregnant with my 2nd child and because in those 6 years I had gotten a skin condition in the Vag area I just said right off the hop I was going for another c/s. Well I ended up going into labour which I loved because I really did not want to pick baby's b-day and I wanted her to come out when she was ready not when we had picked a day close to the time she should be. Its a year and a week later and Im 39 weeks along with my last pregnancy. Im having my last c/s and its planned for the 7th. But im already in early labour stages so my dr doesn't think I will make it to the 7th, would be kinda nice to go into labour again. Though I hated that I could never even think about a vbac because of my first and my skin! 
  • Options
    I wouldn't say mine was an "emergency" c/s but it was definately unplanned.  I will be having a planned c/s this time around.

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</a>[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/43ff7d]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/43ff7d/ttc.png[/img]
    [/
    RA with Sjogren's Syndrome. Risk of heart block in newborn. Age: DH and I are both 38.
    BFP #1: 11/25/2007, EDD 7/28/2008 - Missed m/c (blighted ovum) 12/6/2007 6w3d, D&C 1/3/2008.
    BFP #2: 4/2008 - Natural m/c at 6w.
    Met with RE in 5/2008 full cycle analysis and SA normal. Not considered high risk for blood clots but prescribed 1 baby aspirin a day precautionary during TTC and Progesterone suppositories during 1st trimester of pregnancy.
    BFP #3: 10/17/2008. EDD 6/23/2009,  Third time's the charm! Healthy baby boy born 6/27/2009 via emergency c-section.
    BFP #4: 6/14/2011. Healthy baby boy born 2/16/2012 via elective c-section.
    BFP #5: 1/15/2014. EDD 9/22/2014. 
    2/17/14:.We have a BABY!!! Heart rate 167 and measuring on time. 3/10/14 u/s #2 baby measuring perfectly at 12 weeks at heart rate of 166. NT u/s was normal. Maternit21 blood draw on 3/5/14. Results back on 3/19 - Normal.  It's a BOY!!!  4/10/14 at 16 weeks, 3 days discovered baby's heart stopped at 15 weeks, 6 days. D&C 4/11/14.  Pathology results were all normal.  New information on 8/11/14 - blood test revealed 1/3 of babys blood was in mine caused, most likely, by a tear in the placenta from extreme coughing.  Doctor believes this to be the cause of death.  Repeat D&C and Hysteroscopy scheduled for 8/19/14.  My Chart

• Options
    I would do a scheduled C/S. Don't think VBAC will be an option for me, if we have #2. 

• Options
    imageLadyExtravaganza:

I don't know.

i feel this EXACT same way...it was a horrible experience and i don't remember most of it.

OP...my doctor said that 99% of doctors won't do VBACS, do to a risk of uterine rupture, so IF i ever have another child, looks like c/s for me. For that (and a few other reasons), i don't plan on having anymore children.

• Options
    *posted in wrong thread. Deleted original reply*
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options
    That's a decision I'll make with my husband if/when I get pregnant again. Right now, I have no idea.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"