TTC after 35
Options

It wasn't so bad!

Well I am happy to report that I made it through my saline ultrasound just fine this time.  As you may recall, my first one was absolutely horrific as the tech did not know how to get the thing inside my uterus and was causing me extreme pain.  I ended up hyperventilating and crying, and about an hour later went into shock, almost passed out.

This one was at a different doctor, and the doctor does all his own ultrasounds.  I asked him to prescribe me 1 Vicodin beforehand, which he did.  By the time hubby drove me to the office, we arrived early and he parked us in front of a beautiful little pond edged with trees whose leaves were changing colors.  We sat there for about 10 minutes and looked at the ducks in the water and the dove at shore.  It was a very relaxing scene.  The Vicodin was taking effect, and I felt quite mellow.

The tech did a regular vaginal ultrasound first and then had me wait in the warm, dark room for about 10 minutes till the doc arrived.  That made me more relaxed, and my hubby was right there holding my hand.

The doc came in, and other than a pinch much like a Pap smear (which was actually an accurate description), and the filling of my uterus with the saline, it was fine.  Those parts were uncomfortable but bearable especially with the Vicodin, my husband, and the expertise of the doctor.  It was over in about 3 minutes, literally.  I did not go into shock afterwards, and even was able to do some light yardwork later that afternoon.

So glad this was as good an experience as possible!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: It wasn't so bad!

• Options
    Glad to hear it went better this time!
  • Options
    I'm so glad that it was better with a different Dr.  Proud of you for trying again when your first experience was miserable.  Glad that DH was with you and supportive.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad it was a better experience! Yay for drugs!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"