Pre-School and Daycare

Learning to Communicate

When we went to Preschool orientation DS' teacher said we would be amazed at the things he learned to communicate within just a week or so. That at home we often times communicate for them, and at Preschool they have to learn to do it for themselves (he's 2 btw). 

Boy was she right. He has definitely learned to communicate the words "no" and "mine" and I'm not so crazy about it, so he has also been learning the word and meaning of "share". On the positive side, the other day I told him if he wanted to go outside he had to pick up his toys and I only had to tell him one time & he picked up every single toy and put it in his toy box. SO PROUD! 

Re: Learning to Communicate

• Yeah, you take the good with the bad. Since starting preschool, DS is constantly saying "I can't"...it's so annoying.

• DS has just exploded socially.  He's talking to and trying to play with his sister.  He actually talks to his friends instead of asking me to talk to them for him.

But, at the same time, yesterday he told me, "No yapping Mommy.  You can raise your hand if you want to talk."

• Loading the player...
  • imageAgrippaRidesAgain:

DS has just exploded socially.  He's talking to and trying to play with his sister.  He actually talks to his friends instead of asking me to talk to them for him.

But, at the same time, yesterday he told me, "No yapping Mommy.  You can raise your hand if you want to talk."

I would be torn between being upset and trying not to laugh hysterically! That is too funny!

LO has started to tell DH "No, daddy" when asked to do something. He tries to be firm without laughing. So far he's done pretty good. It's interesting the things he learns to communicate, today in the car he was singing and doing hand motions. His teacher says that is his favorite part, and his face just lights up when they start singing.  

• DD has been in daycare since she was 4 months old and just moved to the "preschool" but its amazing to see how much her skills have improved in a few weeks.  Yes, she did accuse me of being a bad mommy last week, but she also told me I made her sad (because of something she couldn't do) and last night at Chik Fila she tried to show some man her doll and he ignored her, so she turned to DH and said "He's not listening Daddy'

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"