Stay at Home Moms
Options

Seriously having a 'Spaceballs' kinda day

-- ya know the kind of day where you are just SURROUNDED by @ssholes.

For those who haven't seen the movie- 1. WATCH IT- it's hysterical and 2. here is the clip- (Warning: language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sen8Tn8CBA4

Everywhere I turned- the situations just got stranger and stranger.

A childless married couple friends of ours invited themselves to Chase's birthday party- and they brought a card and placed it on the gift table- and when I greeted them- she gave me a nice gourmet choc covered almonds canister. I thanked her and placed it aside. Later it was opened and put out for guests-

Today I got an email from my friend VERY upset that I put Chase's gift out for everyone to enjoy. And I was confused- She told me that they brought the choc almonds for the baby for his gift- and I shouldn't have put them out.

And she was VERY upset. -

::huh?:: ~ umm. ok. Sorry I put out his gift- but WHO brings a 1yr old choc covered almonds - I just assumed it was a hostess gift or an additional snack type thing to put out- I didn't want to offend her by not putting it out- but I guess I did anyway.

And for the record- I am not calling her an @sshole- it was just the type of day I have had today- just CHOCK full of strange and goofy interactions with people.

I think I am going to watch Spaceballs tonight and crack a beer lol

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Seriously having a 'Spaceballs' kinda day

• Options

Um, who the hell brings a baby gourmet chocolate-covered anything, let alone hard nuts? That's just freaking odd.

What possessed her to walk into the store and think "Stuffed animal? Nah. Blocks? No. Book? Pfft. Oh, I've got it! Chocolate covered choking hazards!" 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I called her-

Because I just wasn't going there in email.

This is a close couple to us- but they are OUT THERE. Like waaaaay out there lol. Very quirky- but good people.

I called her and said- Gee I just assumed it was to put out for guest to enjoy and that it NEVER even crossed my mind that it was for the baby. Sorry about that ::eye roll over the phone::

Just enough to smooth over without causing any additional $hit.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh you're way nicer than I would have been Stacy!  1 year olds - things they can't even chew - SMART!
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options

Ludicrous speed!  Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DEFINITELY- remedy that- it's a riot. Its a spoof on Star Wars

It's funny because I waivered at first before putting them out- and I didn't put them on the main counter - I opened it and put it off to the side.

• Options
    Thank you for this. I literally lol. WTF?  That's awesome they thought it was an appropriate gift for a one year old. That's like sitcom material.
    Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"