Adoption
Options

Phone interview with agency?

We've applied to four agencies and are starting to get emails that our stuff was received, our files are being approved, we have a case worker, etc. and we will be setting up a phone interview.  What should I expect in a phone interview with an agency?  Is it something DH will need to be a part of?

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Phone interview with agency?

• Options
    We're with an agency, but they did not require a phone interview.  I would say that they probably need to speak with both of you, since you will both become their clients.  
  • Options
    Hmm, they just got back to me about my question (I emailed). They said the phone interview wasn't a big deal, and DH doesn't need to be on the call unless he wants to. Interesting!  Of course, they can call me and then call him separately, it's just we'd rather him not need to take off work for a phone call. He can take calls at work if needed so I'll just make sure they know he's happy to answer any questions they have and make sure they have his number.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In my phone interview my Adoption Coordinater started off by telling me more about the agency and their process.  She told me about their success rate and what each person in the agencies role was.  She then asked why I wanted to adopt and if I had a support system.  She asked what I expected from them as an agency. She told me her adoption story. She and her husband adopted 2 girls.  My phone interview wasn't that intense. After that interview I felt very comfortable with them and knew they were the agency I wanted to use. We made an appointment to meet in person were we talked more about my adoption plan.  She also told me a list of books to read about adoption.  Unfortnately I can't remember them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"