October 2011 Moms
Options

My dr. touched my babys head with his finger!

I went to the Dr today, im 35W6D and my dr. checked my cervix. He was like "OH WOW- your babys head is WAY low!!! he was like REALLY surpised." he said he was touching the head with his finger.  that is so weird to me!
I guess the baby dropped! Now what? If he drops early do you think he might come early??? Also if the baby was that low, what station do you think he is at?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My dr. touched my babys head with his finger!

• Options
    it does not mean the baby is coming early..babies drop at all different points in pregnancy
  • Options

I had my first cervical check at 37 weeks and the doctor could feel the baby's head b/c she was 'so low'. 

At my 38 week appt, I showed no progress.

I have my 39 week appt today so we'll see if there's any change.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know but that is neat and exciting! Party!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had the exact same thing at my appointment today.  The doctor said when she pushed on the head it didn't move which meant she is "locked and loaded".  She said after that point most FTM's deliver within a week to 10 days so that puts me right on track for my due date!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My baby dropped about 3 weeks ago and she's still in there. But the same thing happened yesterday to me. They had me hooked up to the fetal monitors to make sure she was doing ok (she hadn't moved at day), and a MW was checking me. She said oh I'm touching her head, she is right there, and LO's heartrate shot up really high. She did not like that very much. The MW did say that she didn't move, so apparantly she is locked and loaded too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Baby's head has been very low and I have been 3 cm since at least 35.5 weeks.  2 weeks later and despite lots of contractions (and now at 4cm), I have not gone into labor.  So no, I don't think it necessarily indicates when you will go into labor.  During my first pregnant, DS's head was low and I was 4cm for over 2 weeks.
  • Options

At my 36 week appointment the dr also commented on how my baby was really, really low and I was already 2 cm dialated. She thought I would have the baby in the next two weeks or sooner...well, that was 2 weeks ago! So it can mean nothing! I am 3 cm now and 60% effaced and having contractions every day, but still baby is staying put! I guess they just come when they want to!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday!  The doctor did the GBS test first, and said "oh wow, the swab is hitting the baby in the head!".  And then she did an exam, and seemed really shocked at how low the baby was.  She just kept saying "She's really really low".  She did tell me that her station is zero, so maybe yours is too.  However even with all that, and with BH contractions for 24 hours earlier, I am not dilated at all.  And when we asked if the station & lowness meant labor was close by, my doctor laughed & said no.  She said it really doesn't mean anything for when I'll go into labor.

Glad to hear someone else's doctor said a week to 10 days though!  Mine doesn't say a whole lot of exact figures, and I'm a numbers girl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"