Blended Families

Christmas card question

So the past three years, I've done a Christmas card with a picture of just the girls for my friends & family, and my ex-h's family. It usually just says Love Audrey & Natalie.

This year, things will be a little bit different. We'll have my girls, my husband's daughter, and our newborn. I would still like to send a current picture card to the girls' family - but should I do a separate one for them, or would it be super tacky to send our family card? 

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

Re: Christmas card question

• This is your family now.  Send one of all of you. It would be tacky to me if I recieved one with only half of your household when I know different. 

• image+j+k+:

This is your family now.  Send one of all of you. It would be tacky to me if I recieved one with only half of your household when I know different. 

Ditto above. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think everyone should get the same picture. 
    my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image+j+k+:

This is your family now.  Send one of all of you. It would be tacky to me if I recieved one with only half of your household when I know different. 

This. If the girls father wants to send a picture card to his family, he can do so.
  • This is totally your husband's call. 

No way would I want our family picture including me and our LO sent to his ex's family.  Your DH should let you know if he's comfortable with sending his pic and his daughter's pic to everyone.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • um the answer totally depends on the relationship you have with your ex's family.  How would they recieve a photo of you with new DH etc? 

I'd rather send them a generic card than one that they could construe was sent to p!ss then off KWIM?

• My H's exw sends out a picture with her two DDs with my H, her DD and DS with her current H, and her current Hs DS (from a previous relationship). That is there family. It would be weird to me if they weren't all included. But she only sends the card to us. We provide cards to Hs family with our household. 

Send it out with your whole family. If your exs family takes issue with the picture remove them from the mailing list for next year. Your ex can provide the cards to his family.

• I'd send everyone the same card. This is your family now - all of you.

And BTW, your family is adorable, love the signature pic! :)  

• imageInterrobang:

I'd send everyone the same card. This is your family now - all of you.

And BTW, your family is adorable, love the signature pic! :)  

Thanks! For the most part, his family probably stays in contact with me about the girls more so than with him. I'll just do the one card with pic. 

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• I've been a SM for 6 years and in SS's life since he was 2.  He is now 14.  BM and DH were never married.  I say that to preface the question I'm about to ask so you don't think I"m THAT wet behind the years on this thing.  Please, don't flame me...

Does this same thing apply for sending two different cards - one to my family and one to my DH's family?

Our son is 21 months and I would love to send either a family pic or a pic of just him for Chirstmas or maybe even a what our family did this year card or since he was a January baby maybe doing a Happy New Years card - I don't know SOMETHING!  But I really only want it to be our son going to my family.  Of course I would send both kids or include SS info on the card going to his family. 

I'm sorry to hijack. I'm a new poster to the bump and this thread cuaght my attention.

• I don't understand Cookie.  If you've been in the boy's life since he was 2, wouldn't your family see him as part of the family?  Why would you change up pictures for yours and DH's? 

Are you asking is it okay just to send a picture of just your little one? Sure.  But I would not send a picture of just you, DH and your 1 year old without your SS to your family. 

• My family does not see SS as family, per se, b/c he really isn't around my family.  We live in different parts of the state and I rarely go home as it is.  When we do, it's usually when SS isn't with us.  SS has been in my parent's house maybe twice in his entire life.  My mom doesn't send birthday or Easter cards, nothing.  I mean, they know he exisits, but it's not like when he gets married my mom is getting an invite! 

And yes, we have a very nice relationship.  SS is over EOW and Tuwedsay's for 2.5 hours.  Extra time is given to DH freely.  Schedules change at BM and DH whim.  Everything really is cool.  He just hasn't been incorporated in my family so I don't see the need of him being in a Christmas card to my family. 

Now, the next logical question is has he been intergrated into OUR family.  I think he has as much as a EOW, Tuesday's for 2.5 hour kid can. 

• imageCookie Monster Mama:

My family does not see SS as family, per se, b/c he really isn't around my family.  We live in different parts of the state and I rarely go home as it is.  When we do, it's usually when SS isn't with us.  SS has been in my parent's house maybe twice in his entire life.  My mom doesn't send birthday or Easter cards, nothing.  I mean, they know he exisits, but it's not like when he gets married my mom is getting an invite! 

And yes, we have a very nice relationship.  SS is over EOW and Tuwedsay's for 2.5 hours.  Extra time is given to DH freely.  Schedules change at BM and DH whim.  Everything really is cool.  He just hasn't been incorporated in my family so I don't see the need of him being in a Christmas card to my family. 

Now, the next logical question is has he been intergrated into OUR family.  I think he has as much as a EOW, Tuesday's for 2.5 hour kid can. 

But he is part of YOUR family.  

If you want to send your relatives pictures of just your new baby, that's one thing, but leaving your SS out of a family photo is weird to me.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"