May 2011 Moms
Options

Getting SO on board w/ sleep method

How do you get your SO on board with your sleep training? I am okay with CIO and been doing well with it. At least until DH takes her. Then it goes down the tube and I have to start over. He doesn't think that she has sleep issues, and just wakes up hungry. She will wake up faithfully at 1130, 4, and 6. I know she's not hungry because she will only eat maybe an oz. 

Back to my question- How do you get your SO on board with sleep training?  

Re: Getting SO on board w/ sleep method

• Options
    Is he the one who gets up with her? Maybe give him this weekend and once he sees himself that she is only eating an ounce at a time that will show him she's not actually hungry.
  • Options
    Have him read the same book that you have read.  :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekewltif:
    Is he the one who gets up with her? Maybe give him this weekend and once he sees himself that she is only eating an ounce at a time that will show him she's not actually hungry.

I have tried, but I BF at night. I might just have to try it though. He will probably pull the "well she went back to sleep didn't she?" 

imageLisa Frank:

You make it sound** easy! lol.  

• Options
    imagemegbaby13:

imagekewltif:

I have tried, but I BF at night. I might just have to try it though. He will probably pull the "well she went back to sleep didn't she?" 

imageLisa Frank:

You make it should easy! lol.  

Before I tried sleep training I made DH read a chapter out of Ferber. I just narrowed it down to the one most important chapter that explained how to do it. I knew if I tried to get him to *gasp* read a whole book he never would. It really helped to have him understand what we were doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"