March 2011 Moms

Sleep Issues

I have 6.5 month old boy girl twins whose sleeping pattern has all of a sudden changed. They wake in the morning and nap as usual, however when it's time for bed time it gets a little crazy. THey used to go down around 9 pm after their bath and bottle. Now they will fall asleep around 8 or 8:30 and then wake up after about half an hour and are wide awake. They won't go back down until 11pm. Is this normal? When they wake up they want to go on the playmat and play for a while, almost tiring themselves out. How do I get them to stay asleep? My son, once he goes down at 11 will sleep through to 6:30am, my daughter will wake up once around 4:30 am and then go back to sleep until 6:30am. What can I do to get them to sleep earlier?

thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image imageimage image image

Re: Sleep Issues

• What does the rest of their day look like? Waketime, naps, etc.?

My almost 7 month old is now sleeping from about 7:15pm to 7am. Then napping from about 9 or 9:15 until 10:30. Then napping from 1:30 to 3 or 3:30. Then to bed between 7 and 7:15.

He just started sleeping like this within the past few weeks. Dropping his late 3rd nap lengthened out his other two naps and got us a fabulous 11.5 to 12 hours straight at night!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have you tried putting them to bed earlier?  9 seems late to me, especially if they are waking up for the day at 6:30.  They may just be over tired and having trouble winding down for the night.  We also have 6.5 month b/g twins.  They go to bed at 7, and wake around 6:30 am, with two or three naps during the day.  We moved their bedtime earlier over the summer and it helped SO MUCH with their sleeping across the board.  If I were you, I would try doing your bedtime routine earlier and trying to put them down for the night even before 8 and see what happens.  Good luck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have similar issues... but then mine continues to wake every 2-3 hours.. we have tried an earlier bed time and he wont go down.  Then he only cat naps during the day!
  • My DS's sleep changing EVERY day and I can not find a correlation between nap times and night sleeping at all.  Some days he naps 3 times for 20-40 each, some days he'll do 40 min, than a 1 1/2 hr nap, and a short late afternoon.  I've stopped trying to figure it out...hoping solid foods and maturity will start to make a diff!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"